Descendants of Drury King
Generation No. 1
1. DRURY1 KING was born Unknown, and died April 17, 1789 in NC. He married MILDRED Unknown.
Notes for DRURY KING:
This is the Drury I have as Richard's father. There are other records
before this one, they start about 1787, that is where the date of death came from. I think Richard was on his way to Ga. by 1789.
Drury's Estate sale R. April 17, 1789 p. 214 BOOK C
Buyers: (NO RICHARD)
Francis Redding Jr.
James Bud Lee
Mildread King... Widow of Drury, but may or may not be Richard's mother.
Jan. 17, 1789
Deputy sheriff Wm. Hinton
April 9, 1791 p. 264 BOOK C Account current Paid: henry Temple, Admr.
Drury King Inventory July 18 1797 p. 251
Due: Wm Martin 12L 14S. 9D. Mar 10, 1791
Admr.: francis Redden
The administration of the will would have stayed current until Drury's
The administrator would have had to oversee Mildred's inheritance, because Drury left his estate to her for her life time. But then it was passed on to his children, not by Mildred but by Drury, point of law of the era. What do you think or know?
Do you know the names of any of the other of Drury's son's?
Not really, certain names were mentioned, but they may have been half
brothers and sisters. Francis, Drury and Betty are the possibles I have.
Children of DRURY KING and MILDRED are:
Generation No. 2
2. RICHARD2 KING (DRURY1) was born 1757 in South Carolina, and died 1853 in Taliaferro County, GA. He married (1) REBECCA MARTIN. He married (2) RACHEL DEARMON Abt. 1797.
Notes for RICHARD KING:
Where do you live? I live right here in GA.
I can probably go and pick up the will information that we both need. I didnt know that it existed. The King line is a maternal line for me and I have just started working on it.
I will write for the Rev. War records of Richard. I have the forms. I just didnt want to duplicate efforts.
Let me try to sort out your information:
Richard King (d. Taliaferro Co. & left a will, Tax records of Wilkes Co., Census of Wilkes Co.
William D. King (present at reading of will of Richard 1854) (1852 came to Lowndes Co.)
From the Book: "Gwinnett County Families, 1818-1968" mentions a gdaughter, Matilda Hadaway Richard King, Revolutionary War Veteran.
From Book: "History of Gwinnett County GA 1818-1960" mentions Dicie King, b. 11/3/1799 d. 1/3/1863. She was the daughter of Richard King and the gdaughter of Drury King who was a Revolutionary soldier in North Carolina. Pg. 478
Pg. 521 of same book: "King Family"
Richard King son of Drury King enlisted in 1775 as a substitue for his father as a private in Captain Williams SC company in the Rev. War and served three months. Later he served in Captain Davis company. He then moved to "Wayne County, NC and served three months in Col. Farmers NC regiment and was in the battle of Eutaw Springs. He also was in guard duty at Hillsboro NC. He moved to Wilkes County, GA before 1790 and lived in Taliaferro county until his death in 1853 at the age of 96 years.
Richard King married Rachel Dearmon b. 1777 d. 1863.
Their son, John King, b. 1822 m. Martha Sanford b. 1829 d. 1896 (gdaughter of Rev. War Veteran John Chapman and also of Daniel Hart of Orange Co. NC, who served as a Captain in the war of the American Revolution.
Elvie m Jackson Henry
Sue m. John Chapman
Sanford m. Susan Henry
Nancy m James Chapman
Senia m. alfred Wilson
Sallie m. Thomas Pittman
Rachel m Jas. L. Harrison
Dicie m. Thomas Hadaway
John m. Nancy Sanford
Some if not all of the ten children lived in Gwinnett Co. John King and Nancy Sanford had 13 children.
This book is documented. It is written by J.C. Flanigan. He was a historical writer in Gwinnett. He wrote 2 volumes of Gwinnett County History. Both of which I have.
Vol. 1 of his Books lists several Kings that could be connected in some way. There is a William King that came from Lancaster SC. Well chase that down later.
Children of RICHARD KING and RACHEL DEARMON are:
3. RICHARD2 KING (DRURY1) was born 1757 in South Carolina, and died 1853 in Taliaferro County. He married RACHEL DEARMON Abt. 1797.
More About RICHARD KING:
Fact 2: 1854, Will in Taliaferro County GA
Children of RICHARD KING and RACHEL DEARMON are:
Generation No. 3
4. RODICIE (DICIE)3 KING (RICHARD2, DRURY1) was born November 03, 1799 in Gwinnett Co. Georgia, and died January 03, 1863 in Gwinnett Co. GA. She married AMOS HADAWAY April 07, 1818 in Gwinnett Co. Georgia, son of THOMAS HADAWAY and LAVINIA MORRIS.
More About RODICIE (DICIE) KING:
Fact 2: 1863, Old Hog Mountain Baptist Church
Fact 7: 1863, Old Hog Mountain Baptist Church
5. JOHN3 KING (RICHARD2, DRURY1) was born 18225.
Notes for JOHN KING:
Company C, Gwinnett Guards
This company was mustered at Lawrenceville by Lt. Col. S. B. Wright, August 1, 1863, for six months for duty on line North of Columbus, Macon and Augusta. These soliders were called to active duty September 5, 1863. It was stationed at Atlanta, Rome and Savannah. John King was a private in this company.
His wife, Nancy, collected a pension on his service.
More About JOHN KING:
Fact 6: 1863, Civil War (see notes)
Children of JOHN KING are:
6. SANFORD3 KING (RICHARD2, DRURY1).
Child of SANFORD KING is:
10. NEWTON LUTHER4 KING (JOHN3, RICHARD2, DRURY1).
Children of NEWTON LUTHER KING are:
11. JOHN SANFORD4 KING (JOHN3, RICHARD2, DRURY1) was born 1846.
Children of JOHN SANFORD KING are:
12. HARVEY MARTIN4 KING (JOHN3, RICHARD2, DRURY1) was born 1854.
Children of HARVEY MARTIN KING are:
13. GEORGE SANFORD4 KING (SANFORD3, RICHARD2, DRURY1).
Child of GEORGE SANFORD KING is:
1. Gwinnett Books.
2. 1840 Census Gwinnett Co. Ga.
3. Gwinnett Books.
4. Census Gwinnett County 1860.
5. 1860 census
6. Tombstone Record, Church Records, Gwinnett Co. Records.
7. 1870 Gwinnett Census.
8. Tombstone Record, Church Records, Gwinnett Co. Records.
9. Hog Mountain Baptist Church.
10. Tombstone Record, Church Records, Gwinnett Co. Records.
11. Book of Gwinnett co. Deaths 1990
12. Tombstone Record, Church Records, Gwinnett Co. Records.
13. Gwinnett Court Marriage Records, Bk 5, pg. 40.
14. Book of Gwinnett co. Deaths 1990
15. Ga. death Index
16. 1900 Census
17. 1880 Census
18. Book of Gwinnett co. Deaths 1990
19. 1900 Census
20. Death Certificate.
21. Brøderbund Family Archive #110, Vol. 1, Ed. 3, Social Security Records: U.S., SS Death Benefit Records, Surnames Beginning with H, Date of Import: Apr 10, 1997, Internal Ref. #220.127.116.11327.56
22. Gwinnett Court Marriage Records, Bk 4, pg. 315.
23. Gwinnett Court Marriage Records, Bk 8, pg. 383.
24. Gwinnett Court Marriage Records, Bk. 13, pg. 78.
25. Death Certificate
26. Death Certificate.
27. WWI draft Card
28. Brøderbund Family Archive #110, Vol. 1, Ed. 3, Social Security Records: U.S., SS Death Benefit Records, Surnames Beginning with H, Date of Import: Apr 10, 1997, Internal Ref. #18.104.22.168327.56
29. WWI draft Card
30. 1927 Thomas Melvin Kennedy death certificate
31. Death Certificate
32. Book of Gwinnett co. Deaths 1990
33. Ga. death Index
34. Tombstone Record, Church Records, Gwinnett Co. Records.
35. Book of Gwinnett co. Deaths 1990
36. Tombstone Record, Church Records, Gwinnett Co. Records.
37. Book of Gwinnett co. Deaths 1990
39. Book of Gwinnett co. Deaths 1990
40. Tombstone Record, Church Records, Gwinnett Co. Records.
41. History of Gwinnett Books VOL. 1.
42. Gwinnett Books.
43. Tombstone Record, Church Records, Gwinnett Co. Records.
44. Gwinnett Books.
45. Census Gwinnett County 1870.
46. Gwinnett Books.
Send corrections, broken links to firstname.lastname@example.org