Search billions of records on




St Stephen's Magyar

W Pass Avenue at Theodore Street  Mapquest map
[1714 Clearview Street]3
Scranton PA 18508
ph 570-342-4881

Established as a pastorate in ; currently under the pastorate of Holy Rosary, Scranton




St Thaddeus

see Holy Rosary

Built as a chapel of convenience for St Vincent's in 1859; established as pastorate in 1871; renamed Holy Rosary in 18736




St Thomas Aquinas chapel

  Mapquest map

Chapel of St Thomas College, now the main chapel of the University of Scranton




St Vincent de Paul (1853-1884)

see St Bonaventure's and St Peter's Cathedral

Saint Bonaventure was the first church built in Slocum Hollow/Harrison in 1847, a combined effort of the Irish and German communities; a new church was built closer to the center of town in 1853 and called St Vincent de Paul. When Scranton became a diocese, St Vincent's was made the Cathedral. Rededicated and renamed St Peter's Cathedral in 1884.




St Vincent de Paul

1201 [1145]3 Providence Road  Mapquest map
Scranton PA 18508-2294
ph 570-346-9739

Established as a pastorate in 1925; merged with St Joseph Lithuanian in Mar 2001, using St Joseph's rectory and office,28p292




St Vladimir Ukrainian

428 [426]3 N Seventh Avenue  Mapquest map
Scranton PA 18503
ph 570-342-7023



<Prev    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8     Next>

(or select a specific Scranton church from the list above)




  1. Gallagher, Rev John P; A Century of History: The Diocese of Scranton 1868-1968, Scranton: The Diocese of Scranton, 1968, p292,302
  2. The Official Catholic Directory, New Providence NJ: P J Kenedy and Sons, 1997. Has the date 1901, either an error, or possibly when the Passionists were invited into the diocese.
Modified Saturday, 26-Jun-2004 20:42:08 MDT