DeHart Mail List Guidelines
- Please clearly STATE your TOPIC OR QUESTION in the subject line when posting and REPLYING to messages. Be SURE to check/edit/make SUBJECT LINE as clear as possible before sending.
- Try and keep each post to A SINGLE PERSON/FAMILY GROUP/OR TOPIC. Questions about DIFFERENT PEOPLE/TOPICS should BE DONE ON SEPARATE POSTS. REMEMBER TO CHANGE THE SUBJECT LINE.
- USE DATES, LOCATIONS, PARENTS' NAMES IN SUBJECT LINE AND POSTS WHENEVER POSSIBLE. THERE ARE SO MANY DUPLICATE NAMES THIS WILL HELP REDUCE POSTS ASKING "WHICH ABRAHAM-GABRIEL-THOMAS, ETC. ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?"
- TOO MANY POSTS ARE BEING MADE WHICH FORWARD ON AN ENTIRE PREVIOUS POST OR MORE. SOME OF THE DAILY DEHART DIGESTS HAVE EXCEEDED 25 PAGES IN LENGTH - USUALLY VERY LITTLE *WHEAT* AMONG THE *CHAFF*. Some *cousins* simply cannot subscribe to single posts, so be considerate. If they hit the *Delete Key*, the entire digest is gone and something really important might be missed.
- Clean up your repostings/replies by deleting insignificant information, i.e.(cutting, pasting) before SENDING. ONLY INCLUDE INFO THAT MAKES CLEAR THE TOPIC YOU ARE REPLYING TO. If you have question on how to do this in Outlook Express email to
Amber. If you need in help in doing this and you use AOL you can email Gloria.
- If you'd like to add a DeHart picture or document to the DeHart Home Page please send it directly to
Amber in "*.jpg" format and not to the list. DO NOT SEND TO THE LIST.
- If there is something you'd like to share with the list that is non-genealogical in nature use CHAT: at the beginning of the subject line. Please try to keep this to a minimum as this is a genealogical mail list.
- Send "thanks", and short personal notes direct and not to the list. Fortunately OneList provides us with the name of the person sending the email at the beginning of each note we receive making it easy REPLY DIRECTLY TO THE PERSON.
- If you'd like to share a link with the list send it in the following format: http://www.hithere.com/ typed directly into your email.
- DO NOT POST ENTIRE WEB PAGES. ONLY THE URL AND WHY YOU THINK IT IS OF INTEREST.
- Above all and probably the most important point is to be courteous, be kind, be considerate of others. We come from all walks of life, with different backgrounds, ages, experiences. THINK BEFORE YOU HIT THAT SEND BUTTON. It is beneficial to all to share our information, experiences and sometimes our ideas, but let's remember we are all individuals and be careful to use this medium of the Internet and Email with the respect that it deserves: not as a tool to hurt, but as a tool to help.
- We here at the DeHart list enjoy getting to know one another and are perhaps more relaxed than other genealogical mail lists. But we are a genealogical mail list above all. AND OUR ARCHIVES ARE OPEN TO THE PUBLIC FOR VIEWING EVEN IF NOT A MEMBER OF THE DEHART LIST.
- Our DeHart Chat Room is available for extended "off genealogical" discussions. Please remember to use this option. If you wish to hold a discussion in the Chat Room, just email the list with the time and the discussion topic and those interested can meet you there.
Click to subscribe to DeHart Mailing List
Click to view archives of DeHart Mailing List
DeHart Main Page
Please support RootsWeb
You are our [an error occurred while processing this directive] visitor -- thanks for stopping by!
Last updated: Saturday, 21-Oct-2017 09:38:15 MDT