I have tried to put together some family groupings based on extractions from the Ontario Civil Registrations (births, marriages, and deaths), information contributed by other Menary researchers and from some other resources such as census returns, newspaper obituaries and land records. This is an ongoing project for me.
Listed below are some generic resources for Canadian genealogical research. This is not a comprehensive list.
Cemetery Transcriptions Index
- 1871 Census Surname Index (via the National Library and Archives of Canada)
- 1871 Census Surname Index (via Queen's University)
- 1901 Census Surname Index (via automatedgenealogy.com)
- 1906 Census Surname Index (Western part of Canada - via automatedgenealogy.com)
- 1911 Digital Census of Canada (via the National Library and Archives of Canada)
- a comprehensive list of Canadian church archives
Canada Genweb Project:
- Canadian Newspapers on Microfilm (via the National Library of Canada)
Canadian Menary/Manary/Minery surnames found in the U.S. census
- home of the Menary Newsletter Archives, World Connect Project for Menary surname (a place to publish your GEDCOM files), Menary family history in Ireland, and other Rootsweb resources for the Menary surname.
Menary Surname Listserve at Rootsweb.com. To subscribe: send email with the word subscribe in the body of the letter and mailto: MENARY-Lemail@example.com. In the body of the message type subscribe with no additional text.
The above listed resources are an excellent place to put primary source documentation for other researchers. Documentation of all information on a family is crucial. Misinformation can cause other researchers years of frustration and they will never again trust the information that you send to them.
© 1998-2003 Amy
Last updated: August 2, 2005