Notes for John Anderson
(1) "Gleanings of Virginia History," by William Fletcher Boogher (
p.322. FHL #975.5 H2bw.
(2) "Annals of Augusta County From 1726 to 1871," by Joseph
Waddell (2nd. ed., C. Russell Caldwell, Staunton, VA). FHL film
000,633, item 2.
(3) Montgomery Co., VA, Order Bk #19, 1816-1817, p.80.
Birth: (1) 19 Apr 1789, s/o Andrew
Marriage to Elizabeth Fitzhugh Douglass: (1) (3) Eliza
Death: (1) 16 Mar 1821, Montgomery
(3) 1816/7: John Anderson produced in Montgomery Co., VA Court
certificate from the Court of Pleas & Quarter Sessions of Anson Co., NC
concerning a title which he obtained to slaves Sophia, Juliet,
and Henry, by intermarrying with Eliza F. Douglas of Anson Co. ,
which certificate was signed by Todd Robinson, clerk of Anson
Court of Pleas & Quarter Sessions, together with the certificate of
Douglas, presiding magistrate of the said County Court of Anson. Entry
Montgomery Co., VA order book not
(2) Had no children. (NOTE: Source 1 lists 3 children.)
| HOME | EMAIL | SURNAMES |
Page built by Gedpage Version 2.13
©2000 on 16 March 2001