This house stood across the road from the Carlow School. Henry Hays/Hayes
bought the house in 1885 from T.J. Jackson. After Henry died, Henry's oldest son George
bought the house and property from his siblings and mother Nancy T. Oran/ Hayes.
The Jackson Cemetery is to the left as you look at the picture, sitting on a
hill over looking the house.
The Jackson Cemetery is to the left as you look at the picture, sitting on a hill over looking the house.
In the picture left to right are:
- Daisy Harmon (1900-1992), wife of George Henry Hayes;
- Emily Jane Marks (1869-1934), wife of George Hayes;
- George Hayes (1866-1957), son of Henry & Nancy Hayes;
- Nancy T. Oran Hayes (1840-1918), wife of Henry Hayes;
- Ottis Fox (1898-1960), son of Elizabeth (Lizzie) Hayes/Marks/Fox
The rest are children of George & Emily: Thomas A. (Bill) Hayes (1903-1979);
Far right: George Henry Hayes (1900-1991);
Down front: Robert Elmore (Bob) Hayes (1907-1957);
Roy B. Hayes (1904-1984);
Leslie A. (Preacher) Hayes (1909-1983).