The "orphans" are Bartlett families who have been unable to connect to the next generation or an immigrant ancestor and research by the submitter is continuing. It is hoped that by posting their known families here, connections to others will be made, so please be sure to contact that person if you recognize any of the names.
WILLIAM W. BARTLETT
1. WILLIAM W. BARTLETT, born 5 Mar 1823 Wilkinson Co. MS, died 10 Mar 1905 Bienville Parish LA, buried Danville Cemetery, Bienville Parish LA, married 5 Sep 1865 Vienna, Jackson Parish LA CROTIA A. BARNETT, born 10 Dec 1843, died 25 Dec 1912 Bienville Parish LA, buried Friendship Baptist Church Cemetery, Bienville Parish LA. William served with Company K, 2nd Louisiana Infantry during the Civil War.
Note: The 1880 Census indicates William's father was born in MD and mother born in TN.
Children of William W. BARTLETT and Crotia A. BARNETT:
2. Mary E. BARTLETT, b. 18 Jun 1866, bur. Wilburton OK, m. 28 Jul 1895 John FREY. They had 3 children.
3. Hiram/Hyram BARTLETT, b. 15 Oct 1868, d. 1 Jul 1870, bur. Vienna Cemetery, Jackson Par. LA.
4. Benjamin F. BARTLETT, b. 27 Oct 1870, bur. Pine Bluff AR, married twice and had two children by each union.
5. Walter BARTLETT, b. ca 1873, d. in accident, bur. Carolina Cemetery, m. Lillie JONES and had four children.
6. John W. BARTLETT, b. 12 Jun 1875, bur. Jonesbury LA Cemetery, m. 1) Fadra COLLINGSWORTH; 2) Unknown. From the two marriges there were three children.
7. Bidie Alma BARTLETT, b. 7 Jan 1879, bur. Campbell Cemetery, Pioneer, LA, m. 25 Dec 1909 Tom HARVILLE. They had six children.
8. Adam BARTLETT, b. 6 Jun 1880, d. 8 Feb 1955, bur. Campbell Cemetery, Pioneer LA, m. 28 Nov 1906 Minnie COLLINGSWORTH, had two children, one of whom died at birth.
9. Martha "Mattie" W. BARTLETT, b. 19 Sep 1882, bur. at Carolina Cemetery, m. 19 Aug 1905 Lee JONES. They had three children.
10. Milton C. BARTLETT, b. 12 May 1884, d. 21 Oct 1959, m. ca 1917 Maibelle COOK, b. 26 Mar 1902, d. 30 Oct 1980. They had three children.
11. Crawford Lee BARTLETT, b. 1 Oct 1886 (?), d. 12 Oct 1967. He never married and is buried with his sister Mary (BARTLETT) FREY in Wilburton OK.
Submitted by Ray Bartlett. (rbartlet(AT)bellsouthDOTnet)
To send email: Replace (AT) with @ and DOT with a period.