The "orphans" are Bartlett families who have been unable to connect to the next generation or an immigrant ancestor and research by the submitter is continuing. It is hoped that by posting their known families here, connections to others will be made, so please be sure to contact that person if you recognize any of the names.
1. JAMES BARTLETT, born May 13, 1788 in or near Belchertown, MA, died January 1868 Noble Co. OH, buried Cumberland Cemetery, Guernsey Co. OH, married November 19, 1811 Belchertown, MA, NANCY KNOWLTON, born March 10, 1793 MA, died June 29, 1876 Noble Co. OH, buried Cumberland Cemetery, Guernsey Co. OH, daughter of ROSWELL KNOWLTON and SOPHIA GOODALE/GOODELL.
Children of JAMES BARTLETT and NANCY KNOWLTON:
2. Calysta BARTLETT
3. Sophia BARTLETT
4. Harriett BARTLETT
5. Henry Dutton BARTLETT, b. November 17, 1818, French Creek, Lewis (now Upshur) Co. VA (WVa); d. March 23, 1886, Washington Co. OH.
6. Elisha BARTLETT
7. Rebecca BARTLETT
8. George BARTLETT
9. Almira BARTLETT
10. Mary BARTLETT
11. Susan BARTLETT
5. HENRY DUTTON BARTLETT, born November 17, 1818 French Creek, Lewis (now Upshur) Co. VA (WVa), died March 23, 1886 Washington Co. OH, married November 25, 1841 Morgan Co. OH SARAH VANCE THROCKMORTON, born January 10, 1823 Guernsey Co. OH, died April 15, 1900 Noble Co. OH, daughter of GABRIEL THROCKMORTON and MARY MCCABE.
Children of HENRY BARTLETT and SARAH THROCKMORTON:
12. Harriet BARTLETT
13. Lovina BARTLETT
14. Mary BARTLETT
15. George BARTLETT
16. James BARTLETT, b. December 10, 1850, Brookfield Twp., Morgan (now Noble) Co. OH; d. August 19, 1928, Columbus, OH.
17. Edward BARTLETT
18. Lucinda BARTLETT
19. Frank BARTLETT
20. Allie BARTLETT
21. Nannie BARTLETT
16. JAMES BARTLETT, born December 10, 1850 Brookfield Twp., Morgan (now Noble) Co. OH, died August 19, 1928 Columbus, OH, buried Noble Co. OH, married August 15, 1872 Noble Co. OH CELINDA BURLINGAME, born April 27, 1855 Noble Co. OH, died April 22, 1926 Westerville, OH, buried Noble Co. OH, daughter of PHILIP BURLINGAME and MARY LUTHER.
Children of JAMES BARTLETT and CELINDA BURLINGAME:
22. Alice BARTLETT, bur. Raccoon Presbyterian Cemetery, Candor, PA, m. MCADAMS.
23. Frances BARTLETT, b. June 05, 1876, Brookfield Twp., Noble Co. OH; d. May 24, 1940, White Cross Hospital, Columbus, OH.
24. Florence BARTLETT, bur. Fairfield Cemetery, West Lafayette, OH.
25. Harriett BARTLETT, bur. Cumberland Cemetery, Guernsey Co. OH
26. Susan BARTLETT
27. Edward BARTLETT
29. Grace BARTLETT
30. Roy BARTLETT, bur. Fairfield Cemetery, West Lafayette, OH
23. FRANCES BARTLETT, born June 05, 1876 Brookfield Twp., Noble Co. OH, died May 24, 1940 White Cross Hospital, Columbus, OH, buried Olive Cemetery, Caldwell, Noble Co. OH, married December 21, 1898 OTIS DOWNEY DAVIS, born March 14, 1876 Belle Valley, Noble Co. OH, died October 26, 1948 George Washington Univ. Hospital, Wash. DC (while visiting Floyd VA), buried Olive Cemetery, Caldwell, Noble Co. OH, son of PERRIGAN DAVIS and RACHEL DOWNEY.
Children of FRANCES BARTLETT and OTIS DAVIS:
31. Fred Raymond DAVIS, b. November 16, 1899, Belle Valley, Noble Co. OH, d. June 03, 1984, Columbus, Franklin Co. OH, m. June 14, 1922 Dexter City, Noble Co. OH Esther FARSON, b. April 16, 1892 Dexter City, Noble Co. OH, d. July 06, 1973 Columbus, Franklin Co. OH.
32. Sarah Alice DAVIS, b. September 11, 1901, Belle Valley, Noble Co. OH, d. January 09, 1977, Upper Sandusky, OH, met December 28, 1927 Columbus, Franklin Co. OH Halsey H. LAFFERTY, b. May 12, 1901 Harrison Co. OH, d. June 01, 1975 Columbus, Franklin Co. OH.
33. Albert Bartlett DAVIS, b. February 03, 1904, Belle Valley, Noble Co. OH, d. July 09, 1982, Columbus, Franklin Co. OH, m. August 24, 1927 Byesville, Guernsey Co. OH Helen Margaret SARCHET, b. September 08, 1899 Byesville, Guernsey Co. OH, d. September 17, 1975 Columbus, Franklin Co. OH.
34. Hubert Otis DAVIS, b. April 02, 1907, Belle Valley, Noble Co. OH, d. August 24, 1992, Dallas, TX, m. June 14, 1932 Canton, OH Helen Morris BARTLETT, b. September 20, 1906 Tarentum, PA, d. November 20, 1995 Dallas, TX.
35. Floyd Edward DAVIS, b. January 31, 1909, Belle Valley, OH, d. May 11, 1999, Arlington, VA, bur. May 18, 1999, National Memorial Park, Falls Church, VA, m. August 20, 1932 Columbus, OH Ruth Louise WHEELER, b. November 26, 1907 Ava, OH, d. March 31, 1991 Arlington, VA, bur. April 1991, National Memorial Park, Falls Church, VA, daughter of Valley WHEELER and Martha HERRON.
A few years before Ruth’s death in 1991, "The Clarendon Call", the newsletter of the Clarendon United Methodist Church of Arlington, VA, printed an article about their members, Floyd and Ruth Davis, relating the following:
They met in high school in Belle Valley, OH. Both grew up on family farms, Ruth on a farm above Ava, Floyd on a farm above Belle Valley. Floyd and his three brothers all graduated from Ohio State University, and Ruth from White Cross Hospital nursing school in Columbus. During their lifetimes, they lived in Columbus; in Ames, IA; in Washington, D.C.; Alexandria, VA; Arlington, VA; Bristow and Nokesville (farms), Prince William Co. VA; and overseas, in Athens, Greece and Kingston, Jamaica. Floyd traveled extensively with his work with the U.S. government, from the 1940s until and past retirement 1969. They retired in Arlington, VA. He was an agricultural economist. He received his B.S. and M.S. from Ohio State University. He was working on his Ph.D. at Iowa State University when he was called to Washington during WWII.
36. Dora Linda DAVIS
37. Elizabeth Jane "Betty" DAVIS, b. October 06, 1917, Belle Valley, Noble Co. OH; d. July 31, 1996, Fort Wayne, IN, m. June 19, 1942 Covington, KY Leonard Lowe JOHNSON, b. September 06, 1921 Lewistown, OH, d. August 24, 1991 Fort Wayne, IN.
38. Edna Frances DAVIS
Submitted by Patricia Davis. (Pdavisgen(AT)netzeroDOTnet)
To send email: Replace (AT) with @ and DOT with a period.