The "orphans" are Bartlett families who have been unable to connect to the next generation or an immigrant ancestor and research by the submitter is continuing. It is hoped that by posting their known families here, connections to others will be made, so please be sure to contact that person if you recognize any of the names.
The only clue at the present time to the identity of Charles' family is that he had a sister, SUSAN BARTLETT, who "visited here (Wisconsin) from the 'East' many years ago". [Sophia (HANSEN) BARTLETT]
1. CHARLES BARTLETT born 28 Dec 1805 Portland, Cumberland Co., ME/NH, died 23 Nov 1883 Pewaukee, Waukesha, WI, buried Nov 1883 Forest Hill Cemetery, Pewaukee, Wisconsin, married 1831 New York, NY ABIGAIL SMITH, born 28 Mar 1815 Prospect NY/NJ, died 4 Feb 1899 Pewaukee, Waukesha, WI, buried Feb 1899 Forest Hill Cemetery, Pewaukee, Wisconsin.
Cork Legs Once Made in Lisbon
Back in 1931, an old account book which found its way into the hands of the Waukesha County Centennial committee brought to light the fact that at one time the only maker of wooded limbs in the United States lived in Waukesha County.
It seems that during the 1800's there lived a man by the name of BARTLETT in the town of Lisbon who, for a time, was the only cork leg manufacturer in the country. His account book revealed that he had recorded sales of artificial limbs to many prominent persons in the United States and abroad.
Perhaps the most famous of his patrons was General SANTA ANNA, leader of the Mexican forces in the border war with Texas and the man who wiped out the Alamo garrison. SANTA ANNA bought a total of two wooden legs from BARTLETT, for he lost his first artificial limb in a battle with the American troops. The second is said to be preserved in the Illinois State museum.
It was said that BARTLETT was not meager about the prices he set on his manufactures, and charged SANTA ANNA $1,300 for one limb. The Mexican General may have thought that he was having his leg pulled, but he paid up nevertheless, and all in silver. This silver BARTLETT had melted down and some of it made into spoons.
If any person knows where BARTLETT's account book is now or knows where any of those spoons are, the Waukesha County Historical Society would appreciate getting this information. [Waukesha Freeman, 16 Aug 1947.]
Pewaukee Early Settler Made the Wooden Leg
CHARLES BARTLETT, formerly a cabinet maker in New York City, made the wooden leg pictured in the Milwaukee Journal, Monday, January 19, 1942. The picture is of two young ladies, Jean BUTLER and Patricia HODNETT, holding the wooden leg that belonged to SANTA ANNA, a Mexican general. It was picked up in a Mexican war battle by an Illinois soldier and has been on display since in the Springfield (Illinois) Historical library. The Illinois Legislature has voted to return the trophy to Mexico as a friendly gesture to help 'good neighbor' relations.
In 1845, Charles BARTLETT, together with his family, came to Pewaukee, having closed his cabinet business in New York City. He built his home on a 320 acre tract of land about a mile north of the village and often related in conversation with his neighbors that he once made a wooden leg for General SANTA ANNA. When Mr. BARTLETT moved to his farm home, there was no post office in Pewaukee. The early settler had to go to Praireville (now Waukesha) to get their mail. This was also before postage stamps were made. The early settlers receiving letters from eastern friends had to pay 25 cents for each letter before it was delivered to them.
In the Waukesha American Freeman dated January 19th, 1818, in the printed list of letters remaining uncalled for is the name of Charles BARTLETT. The list is signed J. E. TOPLIFF, Postmaster. [Henry L. CULVER, Waukesha Freeman, 16 Aug 1947.]
"CHARLES BARTLETT, farmer, Sec. 3; P.O. Pewaukee, born in Portland, ME., 28 Dec 1805. When he was 5 years of age his parents moved to Chester, New Hampshire, thence to Greene Co., New York, when he was about 15. In early life he learned the carpenter and joiner's trade and followed it for several years. He married in the city of New York, in 1831, to ABBIE SMITH, a native of Prospect, New Jersey. In 1845 they came west and settled where they now live. Their children are: Smith, of this town, he married Grace MILL; Adeline, wife of Martin WEAVER, Pewaukee; Abbie A., wife of George G. YOUNG; Henrietta, wife of Alfred G. YOUNG; Vena, wife of George WHEELER; Frank, married Julia HORN, and John. Mr. BARTLETT owns 320 acres of land, most desirably located and well improved. There are few men more thoughtful and practical than Mr. BARTLETT. He has surrounded himself and family with all modern conveniences, and we find him enjoying that good, and in that prosperity and contentment which those who have devoted a lifetime to industry and integrity have a right to expect." [History of Waukesha County Wisconsin: Biographical Sketches (977.59 H629h), page 932.]
Children of Charles BARTLETT and Abigail SMITH:
2. Smith Lurvey BARTLETT, b. 11 Oct 1835 NJ/NY, d. 17 Aug 1917 Pewaukee, Waukesha, WI, bur. 20 Aug 1917 Pewaukee, Wisconsin Forest Hill Cemetery.
3. Adeline BARTLETT, b. 28 Mar 1837 NY, d. 1908 WI, bur. 1908 Pewaukee, Wisconsin Forest Hill Cemetery, m. Spencer, Clay IA Martin WEAVER.
4. Gladys BARTLETT, b. ca 1840 NY.
5. Abigail Ann BARTLETT, b. 20 May 1842 Jersey City, Essex, NJ, d. 14 Feb 1897 NE, bur. Feb 1897 Pewaukee, Wisconsin Forest Hill Cemetery.
6. John BARTLETT, b. 10 Jan 1845 NJ, d. 17 Dec 1905 Pewaukee, Waukesha, WI, bur. Pewaukee, Wisconsin Forest Hill Cemetery.
7. Henrietta Smith BARTLETT, b. 6 Oct 1847 Pewaukee, Waukesha, WI, d. 9 Jan 1917 Plainfield, Waushara, WI, bur. 12 Jan 1917 Portage, Columbia Co. WI, Silver Lake Cemetery.
8. Lavinia BARTLETT, b. 1852 Pewaukee, Waukesha, WI, m. Hastings, Adams, NE George WHEELER.
9. Franklin B. BARTLETT, b. 1 Jun 1854 Pewaukee, Waukesha, WI, d. 26 Dec 1934 Pewaukee, Waukesha, WI, bur. Dec 1934 Pewaukee, WI Forest Hill Cemetery: .
2. SMITH LURVEY BARTLETT, born 11 Oct 1835 NJ/NY, died 17 Aug 1917 Pewaukee, Waukesha, WI, buried 20 Aug 1917 Pewaukee, WI Forest Hill Cemetery, married Jan 1867 Sussex, Waukesha, WI GRACE MUNN, born 25 Mar 1844 Headcorn, Kent, England, died 11 Dec 1930 Pewaukee, Waukesha, WI, buried Dec 1930 Pewaukee, Forest Hill Cemetery, daughter of WILLIAM MUNN and ELIZABETH BRAKEFIELD.
Smith owned 75.20 acres, Pewaukee Twp. Sec. 3, and 25 acres also in Pewaukee Twp. Sec. 3. Bartlett Brothers, Smith and Franklin BARTLETT, owned 106.67 acres in Pewaukee Twp. Sec. 3 known as Meadow Brook Farm.
Grace's obituary in 1930 read:
Mrs. Grace BARTLETT, widow of Smith Lervey BARTLETT, passed away Wednesday, 10th of December, at her home, at the age of 86 years. She was born March 25, 1844, and came to this country from Sussex, England, at the age of five years, when her folks settled in the township of Sixteen, where she and her parents experienced the Indian Scars. (A hoax that originated in the vicinity). Since her marriage 65 years ago, she has lived continuously on the farm north of Pewaukee, which is now operated by her sons, Owen and George.
She is survived by 7 sons. Edwin, of Brookfield, Matthew, of North Dakota, Walter of Dousman, Owen, George, Harvey and Lloyd, of Pewaukee, her husband preceded her in death 17th of August 1917.
Funeral services will be held Saturday at 2:00 P.M. at the M. E. Church, with burial in Forest Hill Cemetery, Pewaukee.
Children of Smith Lurvey BARTLETT and Grace MUNN:
10. William BARTLETT, b. 5 Jan 1869 Pewaukee, Waukesha, WI, d. 15 Feb 1869 Pewaukee, Waukesha, WI, bur. Feb 1869 Pewaukee Cemetery: Forest Hill.
11. Ida L. BARTLETT, b. 4 Jun 1870 Pewaukee, Waukesha, WI, d. 31 Jul 1950 Pewauka WI, bur. 4 Aug 1950 Sussex WI Cemetery: Rose Hill.
12. Charles BARTLETT, b. 3 Feb 1872 Pewaukee, Waukesha, WI, d. 18 Jan 1919 Eau Claire, WI, bur. Jan 1919 Hartland, Waukesha, Cemetery: Village.
13. Edwin W. BARTLETT, b. 3 Oct 1873 Pewaukee, Waukesha, WI, d. 28 Oct 1951 Waukesha WI, bur Oct 1951 Brookfield, Waukesha, Cemetery: Oak Hill.
14. Amy BARTLETT, b. 18 Jul 1875 Pewaukee, Waukesha, WI, d. 29 Jan 1927 Waukesha WI, bur. Jan 1927 Pewaukee Cemetery: Forest Hill, m. 28 Nov 1925 WI Adam BITTNER, d. 21 Mar 1927, bur. Mar 1927 West Allis, Milwaukee, WI.
15. Matthew BARTLETT, b. 3 Sep 1877 Pewaukee, Waukesha, WI, d. 8 Aug 1956 Matoki, Ward, ND, bur. 11 Aug Pewaukee Cemetery: Forest Hill.
MATT BARTLETT, son of Smith and Grace BARTLETT, early pioneers of Pewaukee, was born September 3, 1877. In 1908 he left for Minot, North Dakota to take up a claim, on which he lived with his brother Allison. All went well until the winter of 1918-1919, when the influenza epidemic covered America. Allison died on 17 Dec. 1918, Matt was taken to a hospital, and a message sent back to Wisconsin for help to come out and look after the ranch and stock. Charlie and George volunteered, only to become ill soon after arriving. Charlie started for home, was taken off the train at Eau Claire, Wisconsin and died there. George was nursed by a neighbor and recovered. Giving up the ranch, Matt lived at Makoti, North Dakota by himself. His kindest neighbor was Leland M. CARPENTER, who looked after his welfare as he grew old. Matt died, August 8, 1956, burial at Forest Hill Cemetery, Pewaukee, Wisconsin. [Sophia (HANSEN) BARTLETT]. Matthew never married, nor had any children.
A former Pewaukee resident, Matt BARTLETT, 78, died Wednesday [Aug. 8, 1956] at his home in Makoti, ND. BARTLETT, who was born in Pewaukee and spent his early years here, was a retired farmer. He is survived by four brothers; Walter, Owen, George and Lloyd, all of Pewaukee; nieces and nephews. Private funeral services will be held Saturday at 2 P.M. at the William R. HANSEN funeral home, Pewaukee, with burial at Forest Hill cemetery. The body will be in state Friday after 7 P.M. [Milwaukee Journal]. (Matthew was buried August 11, 1956).
Funeral services were held Saturday for Matt BARTLETT of Makoti, ND at the William R. HANSEN funeral home. Mr. BARTLETT was born in Pewaukee and spent his early years here. He was a retired farmer. He is survived by four brothers; Walter, Owen, George and Lloyd of Pewaukee. [Waukesha Freeman].
16. Tine BARTLETT, b. 9 Aug 1879 Pewaukee, Waukesha WI, d. 22 Jul 1925 Waukesha, Waukesha WI, bur. Jul 1925 Waukesha Cemetery: Prairie Home, m. Jan 1906 Waukesha WI George H. MC CLIMANS, b. 25 Jul 1881, d. 12 Aug 1943 Waukesha WI, bur. 15 Aug 1943 Waukesha Cemetery: Prairie Home.
George H. MCCLIMANS, 62, an engineer at the Waukesha Motor Company for 27 years, died Thursday night at his home at 622 South Grand Ave. A brother Burt, of Werley, Wisconsin survives. Mr. MCCLIMANS was a member of the Elks club and the Woodmen of the World. Services will be at 2 P.M. Sunday at the Erling Larsen chapel, with burial in Prairie Home cemetery. [Milwaukee Journal]. (Buried Aug. 15, 1943).
17. Walter W. BARTLETT, b. 4 Apr 1881 Pewaukee, Waukesha WI, d. 24 Jul 1964 Waukesha WI, bur. JUl 1964 Pewaukee Cemetery: Forest Hill.
18. Owen John BARTLETT, b. 12 Oct 1882 Pewaukee, Waukesha WI, d. 8 Aug 1957 Waukesha WI, bur. Aug 1957 Pewaukee Cemetery: Forest Hill.
OWEN J. BARTLETT, 74, a lifetime farmer in the town of Pewaukee, passed away at his home today. He is survived by three brothers; Walter, George and Lloyd, all of Pewaukee; also nieces and nephews. Funeral services will be Saturday at 2 P.M. from the William R. HANSEN funeral home, Pewaukee. Burial will be in Forest Hill cemetery, Pewaukee. The body will be in state at the funeral home Friday after 2 P.M. [Waukesha Daily Freeman].
19. George Henry BARTLETT, b. 25 Dec 1884 Pewaukee, Waukesha WI, d. 11 Jun 1959 Pewaukee, Waukesha WI, bur. 13 Jun 1959 Pewaukee Cemetery: Forest Hill.
20. Allison E. BARTLETT, b. 4 Aug 1886 Pewaukee, Waukesha WI, d. 17 Dec 1918 Minot, Ward ND, bur. Dec 1918 Pewaukee Cemetery: Forest Hill.
Allison died of influenza during the epidemic of 1918-1919. (See story at brother Matthew).
21. Harvey Jay BARTLETT, b. 14 Feb 1888 Pewaukee, Waukesha WI, d. 16 Jun 1956 Pewaukee, Waukesha WI, bur. Jun 1956 Pewaukee Cemetery: Forest Hill.
22. Lloyd Avery BARTLETT, b. 13 May 1891 Pewaukee, Waukesha WI, d. 28 Mar 1981 Pewaukee, Waukesha WI, bur. 31 Mar 1981 Pewaukee Cemetery: Forest Hill.
5. ABIGAIL ANN BARTLETT, born 20 May 1842 Jersey City, Essex, NJ, died 14 Feb 1897 NE, buried Feb 1897 Pewaukee Wisconsin Cemetery: Forest Hill, married 1) 15 Mar 1864 Rockford, Winnebago IL GEORGE S. YOUNG, born 1837 Utica, Onieda NY, died 1880 Rockford, Winnebago IL; 2) GEORGE AVERY.
Children of Abigail Ann BARTLETT and George S. YOUNG:
23. Frank YOUNG, b. 1866 WI.
24. Lewis YOUNG, b. 1867 WI.
25. William YOUNG, b. 1869 IL.
7. HENRIETTA SMITH BARTLETT, born 6 Oct 1847 Pewaukee, Waukesha, WI, died 9 Jan 1917 Plainfield, Waushara, WI, buried 12 Jan 1917 Portage Cemetery: Silver Lake, married 23 Nov 1868 Pewaukee, Waukesha WI ALFRED GUY YOUNG, born 23 Aug 1845 Pewaukee, Waukesha WI, died 27 Mar 1922 Beaver Dam, Dodge WI, buried 30 Mar 1922 Portage WI Cemetery: Silver Lake, son of THOMAS YOUNG and LOUISA GILES.
Children of Henrietta Smith BARTLETT and Alfred Guy YOUNG:
26. Charles Thomas YOUNG, b. 30 Aug 1869 Rubicon, Dodge WI, d. 22 Mar 1952 Beaver Dam, Dodge WI, bur. Mar 1952 Fox Lake, WI Cemetery: Waushara, m. 5 Jul 1894 Waupun, Dodge WI Almira Elizabeth TUCKER.
27. Fred Smith YOUNG, b. 5 Sep 1872 Hartford, Dodge WI, d. 8 Jan 1958 Rochelle, Ogle IL, bur. Jan 1958 Reedsville WI Cemetery: St. Mary's Parish, m. 3 Mar 1910 Rockland, Manitowoc WI Mary Ann FRANZ .
28. Roy Alvin YOUNG, b. 14 1881 Rubicon, Dodge WI, d. 6 Jun 1928 Milwaukee WI, bur. Jun 1928 Waterton, WI Cemetery: Oak Hill, m. 21 Aug 1910 Columbia Co. WI Hazel K. LEACH.
29. Clarence Giles YOUNG, b. 21 Dec 1883 Rubicon, Dodge WI, d. 23 Dec 1963 Waterton, Dodge WI, bur. Dec 1963 Waterton WI Cemetery; Oak Hill, m. 6 Jul 1915 Waterton, Dodge WI Adeline Maria JAEGER .
30. Henrietta Lavinia YOUNG, b. 2 Mar 1887 Rubicon, Dodge WI, d. 15 Mar 1979 Houston, Harris TX, bur. Mar 1979 Cemetery: Norway Township MI, m. 1 Aug 1922 Norway, Dickinson MI Ludavico Louis CRISRANELLI.
31. Alfred John YOUNG, b. 23 Aug 1889 Rubicon, Dodge WI, d. 2 Feb 1968 Burbank, Los Angeles CA, bur. Burbank CA Cemetery: Glen Haven Memorial Park, m. Jeanette Ione GILBERT.
9. FRANKLIN B. BARTLETT, born 1 Jun 1854 Pewaukee, Waukesha, WI, died 26 Dec 1934 Pewaukee, Waukesha, WI, buried Dec 1934 Pewaukee Cemetery: Forest Hill, married 1) Pewaukee WI HARRIETJULIA HORN, born 25 Feb 1855, died 2 Sep 1903 Pewaukee, Waukesha WI, buried Sep 1903 Pewaukee WI Cemetery: Forest Hill, daughter of SOLOMON HORN and HANNAH EDWARDS; 2) Pewaukee WI MARY NEWELL.
Franklin, in partnership with his brother, Smith, owned and operated the 106.67-acre Meadow Brook Farm in Section 3, Pewaukee Township. In the same section and township, Franklin also owned additional tracts of 31.36 acres, 91.48 acres, and 15 acres.
Children of Franklin B. BARTLETT and Harriet Julia HORN:
32. Isobel BARTLETT.
33. Gladys BARTLETT.
34. Effie BARTLETT.
35. Roy BARTLETT.
36. Charles J. BARTLETT, b. 11 Jul 1886 Pewaukee, Waukesha WI, d. 14 Oct 1952 Pewaukee, Waukesha WI, bur. 17 Oct 1952 Pewaukee WI Cemetery: Forest Hill.
11. IDA L. BARTLETT, born 4 Jun 1870 Pewaukee, Waukesha, WI, died 31 Jul 1950 Pewauka WI, buried 4 Aug 1950 Sussex WI Cemetery: Rose Hill, married 30 Oct 1890 Waukesha WI HENRY HECKER, born 28 Dec 1866, died 1929, buried 1929 Sussex WI Cemetery: Rose Hill.
HECKER, IDA (nee) BARTLETT, Lannon, Monday July 31, at age 80, beloved mother of Howard, Eugene, Vernon and Harlan HECKER and Iva PFELL; also survived by 7 grandchildren, 2 great grandchildren, and 7 brothers. Funeral Friday 2 P.M. at A. A. SCHMIDT & Sons Funeral Home. Menomonee Falls. Interment Rose Hill cemetery. In state after 4 P.M. Thursday. [Milwaukee Journal, 31 July 1950].
IDA L. HECKER, died on Tuesday 1 August 1950 at Waukesha Memorial Hospital. She was born 4 June 1870, daughter of Smith & Grace BARTLETT, attended grade and high school at Pewaukee. Ida was married to Henry HECKER, on 30 October 1890, who preceded her in death 21 years ago. They spent their time on two farms near Sussex, Wisconsin. Selling them they lived retired at Lannon, Wisconsin. Five children mourn her passing, Howard, Eugene, Vern, Ivah and Harlan. Funeral services were held from the A. A. SCHMIDT Funeral Home, at Menomonee falls, on Friday, 4 Aug 1950. Burial at Rose Hill Cemetery, Sussex, Wisconsin.
Children of Ida L. BARTLETT and Henry HECKER:
37. Howard HECKER.
38. Eugene Ray HECKER.
39. Vernon Lester HECKER.
40. Ivah HECKER.
41. Harlan HECKER.
12. CHARLES BARTLETT, born 3 Feb 1872 Pewaukee, Waukesha, WI, died 18 Jan 1919 Eau Claire, WI, buried Jan 1919 Hartland, Waukesha, Cemetery: Village, married 1893 Waukesha WI ELIZA BLOOR, born 1860, died Aug 1916 Waukesha WI Cemetery: Village.
Following the death of his brother, Allison, and the hospitalization of Matt in December, 1918, both a result of the influenza epidemic, Charlie and George were called to Minot, North Dakota to look after their brothers’ ranch and stock. Soon after arriving there, both also became ill and Charlie began a return journey back to Wisconsin. He became so ill that he was taken off the train at Eau Claire and died there on January 18, 1919. George, who had remained in Minot, was nursed back to health by a neighbor.
Children of Charles BARTLETT and Eliza BLOOR:
42. Harold Bloor BARTLETT, b. 01 October 1895 Pewaukee, Waukesha WI, d. 1980, m. Harriette Burr BEAUMONT.
43. Bessie Gale BARTLETT, b. 07 April 1898, m. Carl Alexander HASSLINGER.
13. EDWIN W. BARTLETT, born 3 Oct 1873 Pewaukee, Waukesha, WI, died 28 Oct 1951 Waukesha WI, buried Oct 1951 Brookfield, Waukesha, Cemetery: Oak Hill, married circa 1902 Waukesha WI MABEL E. J. WHITE, born 30 Mar 1873, died 2 Dec 1914 Waukesha WI, buried Dec 1914 Brookfield WI Cemetery: Oak Hill, daughter of ALMOND WHITE and JESSIE SCOTT.
EDWIN W. BARTLETT, pioneer town of Brookfield farmer, died yesterday [Oct. 28, 1951] at his home at the age of 78 years. A native of this area all his life, he was born in the town of Pewaukee.
He is survived by three daughters, Mrs. Arthur C. ALLAIRE of Brooklyn, NY, Mrs. Richard BROWN of Hartland and Mrs. Lewis WEBER of Phoenix, AZ; two sons, Almond E. and David C., both of Brookfield; seven grandchildren; six brothers, Owen, George, Walter, Harvey and Lloyd, all of Pewaukee and Matthew of Minot, ND.
The funeral will be Wednesday at 2 P.M. at the Randle funeral home with internment at Oak Hill cemetery in Brookfield. Friends may call after 7:30 P.M. tomorrow.
Children of Edwin W. BARTLETT and Mabel E.J. WHITE:
44. Almond E. BARTLETT, b. 03 Oct 1904 Waukesha WI, d. 1989 Waukesha WI, bur. Brookfield WI Cemetery: Oak Hill, m. 20 Dec 1930 WI Agrepine JAPLONSKI.
45. Isabell BARTLETT.
46. David C. BARTLETT,b. 23 Feb 1908 Waukesha WI, d. 02 Feb 1995 Brookfield, Waukesha WI.
47. Elizabeth BARTLETT.
48. Grace BARTLETT.
49. male BARTLETT, b. 30 Nov 1914 Waukesha WI, d. 2 Dec 1914 Waukesha WI, bur. Dec 1914 Brookfield WI Cemetery: Oak Hill.
50. Maybell BARTLETT.
Maybell, whose mother died shortly after giving birth, was raised by her Aunt Edna (WHITE) TEW.
17. WALTER W. BARTLETT, born 4 Apr 1881 Pewaukee, Waukesha WI, died 24 Jul 1964 Waukesha WI, buried Jul 1964 Pewaukee Cemetery: Forest Hill, married 1910 Omaha, Douglas Co. NB ADA PIES.
Funeral services for Walter BARTLETT, 83, of 22670 Areadiaa Ave., Waukesha, were held Monday at 2 P.M. at the William R. HANSEN Funeral home.
BARTLETT, died Friday, July 24 at the home of his son Emerson, where he was living. Survivors, in addition to Emerson, are son Armin of West Allis; daughter Mrs. Erwin HELLER of South Milwaukee and brother Lloyd of Pewaukee. BARTLETT was born in the town of Pewaukee and lived in this area all his life.
The Rev. Edward T. SOPER, retired Methodist minister, officiated. Burial was in the Forest Hills cemetery, Pewaukee. [Waukesha Freeman].
Children of Walter W. BARTLETT and Ada PIES:
51. Armin BARTLETT, b. 10 Jul 1911 Waukesha WI, d. 1989 West Allis (Milwaukee) WI, bur. 1989 Milwaukee WI Cemetery: Memorial Park.
52. Vera Leone BARTLETT, b. 16 Feb 1913 Waukesha WI, d. Oct 1994 Stevens Point, Portage Co. WI.
53. Emerson Fred BARTLETT, b. 4 Jan 1915 Waukesha WI, d. 8 Mar 1995 Milwaukee WI, bur. 10 Mar 1995 Milwaukee WI Cemetery: Memorial Park.
19. GEORGE HENRY BARTLETT, born 25 Dec 1884 Pewaukee, Waukesha WI, died 11 Jun 1959 Pewaukee, Waukesha WI, buried 13 Jun 1959 Pewaukee Cemetery: Forest Hill, married KATHERINE JESINA GARRELS.
GEORGE H. BARTLETT, 74, farmer and lifelong resident of Pewaukee, died Thursday. He was born 25 December 1881. He was a member of the Oddfellows Lodge.
He is survived by his wife Katherina (nee GARRELS) BARTLETT; a daughter Mrs. Viola STEVENS, Waukesha; step-daughter, Mrs. George DALEY, Mapleton; one son-in-law, five grandchildren and two brothers.
Funeral services will be tomorrow at 2 P.M. at the Yonke Funeral home. The Rev. ROCHMER will officiate. Friends may call after 6 P.M. tonight. Burial will be in Forest Hill cemetery. [Milwaukee Journal].
Child of George Henry BARTLETT and Katherine Jesina GARRELS:
54. Viola May BARTLETT.
21. HARVEY JAY BARTLETT, born 14 Feb 1888 Pewaukee, Waukesha WI, died 16 Jun 1956 Pewaukee, Waukesha WI, buried Jun 1956 Pewaukee Cemetery: Forest Hill, married 10 Oct 1911 Rockford IL ALMA MARIE HANSEN, born 5 Jul 1892 Pewaukee, Waukesha WI, died 28 Aug 1993 Waukesha WI, buried 31 Aug 1993 Pewaukee WI Cemetery: Forest Hill, daughter of JOHN HANSEN and MARY LARSON.
Children of Harvey Jay BARTLETT and Alma Marie HANSEN:
55. Marion Bernice BARTLETT.
56. James Harvey BARTLETT, m. Margie Mary Dawn GREELEY.
57. Lester Smith BARTLETT, b. 11 Aug 1917 Pewaukee, Waukesha WI, d. 5 Mar 1920 Pewaukee WI, bur. Mar 1920 Pewaukee WI Cemetery: Forest Hill.
58. Halet John BARTLETT, b. 29 Apr 1921 Pewaukee, Waukesha WI, d. 22 Mar 1927 Pewaukee WI, bur. Pewaukee WI Cemetery: Forest Hill.
59. Lawrence Allison BARTLETT
60. Dean Evering BARTLETT
22. LLOYD AVERY BARTLETT, born 13 May 1891 Pewaukee, Waukesha WI, died 28 Mar 1981 Pewaukee, Waukesha WI, buried 31 Mar 1981 Pewaukee Cemetery: Forest Hill, married 28 Mar 1916 Pewaukee WI Sophia Amelia HANSEN, born 28 Nov 1893 Pewaukee, Waukesha WI, died 17 Apr 1962 Waukesha WI, buried Apr 1962 Pewaukee WI Cemetery: Forest Hill, daughter of JOHN HANSEN and MARY LARSON.
Children of Lloyd Avery BARTLETT and Sophia Amelia HANSEN:
61.Willard Avery BARTLETT, born 11 March 1917 Pewaukee, Waukesha Co. WI, died 10 April 1997 Waukesha Co. WI.
62. Elizabeth Sophia BARTLETT
63. Lloyd Avery BARTLETT, Jr.
64. John Allison BARTLETT.
36. CHARLES J. BARTLETT, born 11 Jul 1886 Pewaukee, Waukesha WI, died 14 Oct 1952 Pewaukee, Waukesha WI, buried 17 Oct 1952 Pewaukee WI Cemetery: Forest Hill, married Pewaukee WI Hortense UNKNOWN, born 1889 Pewaukee Wi, died 1959 Pewaukee WI, buried 1959 Pewaukee WI Cemetery: Forest Hill.
Children of Charles J. BARTLETT and Hortense(UNKNOWN):
65. Harriet BARTLETT, b. ca 1911 Pewaukee WI, d. ca 1911 Pewaukee WI, bur. ca 1911 Vandalia, Fayette IL.
66. Franklin BARTLETT.
67. Charles BARTLETT.
68. Harriet Julia BARTLETT, b. 3 Apr 1914 Pewaukee WI, d. 28 Jun 1918 Pewaukee WI, bur. 30 Jun 1918 Pewaukee WI Cemetery: Forest Hill.
56. JAMES HARVEY BARTLETT married MARGIE MARY DAWN GREELEY, daughter of REGNALD GREELEY and LILLIE NEWLUN.
Children of James Harvey BARTLETT and Margie Mary Dawn GREELEY:
69. Mary Dawn BARTLETT
70. Jane Ann BARTLETT
71. Mark Daniel BARTLETT
72. Joel James BARTLETT, m. Diana Kay STEWART.
Submitted by Diana K. Bartlett (dianakbartlett(AT)hotmailDOTcom)
To send email: Replace (AT) with @ and DOT with a period.