The "orphans" are Bartlett families who have been unable to connect to the next generation or an immigrant ancestor and research by the submitter is continuing. It is hoped that by posting their known families here, connections to others will be made, so please be sure to contact that person if you recognize any of the names.
NORMAN HOWARD BARTLETT
Generation No. 1
1. NORMAN HOWARD BARTLETT, died 23 May 1893, married MEVILA or MARVILLA VORCE, born 1841, died 12 Oct 1910.
I do not know where either were born or are buried, but could be buried in Decatur Co. IA. From ca 1870 to ca 1890 the family was in Saline Co., NE. Some of the VORCE families came from NY.
Children of Norman BARTLETT and Marvilla VORCE:
2. Lewis S. BARTLETT, b. 1871 Marengo, McHenry Co., IL, d. 1931, m. 1896 Leon, Decatur Co., IA Grace Elizabeth McCARTNEY
3. Albert Kirkland BARTLETT, b. 26 Oct 1872 Saline Co. NE
4. Clarence BARTLETT
5. Ira BARTLETT
6. Daisy BARTLETT, b. 1876 Saline Co. NE, m. 1896 Davis City, Decatur Co., IA Isaac FINCH, b. 1872
3. ALBERT KIRKLAND BARTLETT, born 26 Oct. 1872 (our Grandfather) Saline Co. NE, married 16 Jan. 1900 in Nelson, NE SADIE ALICE MERRITT.
Albertís father, Norman, homesteaded in Saline County until the late 1890's.
Children of Albert Kirkland BARTLETT and Sadie Alice MERRITT:
7. Leslie BARTLETT, b. 1900 Superior, NENOTE: Although the above family was raised in the Nodaway Co. area, some of the family stayed in the Decatur Co. Iowa area also.
8. Crystal Belle BARTLETT (mother), b. 1902 Burlington Jct., Nodaway Co. MO.
9. Howard Norman BARTLETT, b. 1906 Burlington Jct., Nodaway Co. MO.
10. Mary Alice BARTLETT, b. 1908 Burlington Jct., Nodaway Co. MO.
11. Hildred Marie BARTLETT, b. 1910 Burlington Jct., Nodaway Co. MO.
12. Raymond Earl BARTLETT, b. 1914 Burlington Jct., Nodaway Co. MO.
13. Garland Wallace BARTLETT, b. 1919 Burlington Jct., Nodaway Co. MO.
Submitted by Charlotte Abbott Morton (cimorto(AT)megavisionDOTcom)
To send email: Replace (AT) with @ and DOT with a period.