Search billions of records on Ancestry.com

Pleasant Grove #2 Cemetery

(Click Here to go to All Headstone Pictures Online)

Use the "Layout" button to see a map of the cemetery and for a list of headstones in their order by section and row.

Home Layout

Pleas2gate.jpg (116719 bytes)     Pleasant Grove Cemetery is located south of Boyd. Go down Hwy 730 to FmRd 2048 and turn toward the west and you'll see it in a couple of miles.
    We did our survey in April of 2000 and found
313 headstones at that time. We added information from an earlier listing making a total of 315 headstones.
    There are two signs on the fence. One says to send donations to the cemetery association at PO Box 1531, Boyd, TX 76023 and the other is a list of contact names. They are: Johnny Sanders 940-433-5494, Mike Richarson 940-627-5744, Lisa Maikell 817-237-0263 and Ronny Vess 940-433-5463.

The Historical Marker by the gate reads:

Pleasant Grove No. 2
Cemetery, School and Church

This community is one of three in Wise County named Pleasant Grove. The earliest marked graves in the cemetery date from the late 1870s. A community school was started here in 1879 and frame schoolhouse was built north of the burial ground on 1.5 acres deeded by H.T. Boyd. The building was also used for church services and community functions. The school consolidated with Boyd (3 mi. N) in 1929. Church services have been held at this site since 1879. The cemetery is still used, but the schoolhouse was replaced by a rock church building in 1842.