This page includes sketches I have compiled from my family history research for my own use. I am posting them on the Internet in the interest of sharing this information with interested parties. If you appear to be directly related, based on the information in the the sketches, or have comments to share with me about these sketches, I would be happy to hear from you. I do not do research for others, nor am I particularly interested in speculative relationships or unrelated surname discussions. There are many other worthy sites for these activities. I hope you enjoy reading some of these interesting stories.
Brief Obit - John Miller
List of children of John and Rebecca Firestone (Carle) Miller
See bio information on John in published biography of son William C.
See Peter Miller family, father of John Miller
JOHN MILLER (1888) - copied from Family History prepared by LVene Smith (abt 1991)
At Edgerton, OH, Friday, September 7, 1888, John Miller, aged nearly eighty-two passed away.
John Miller was a native of Pennsylvania, but came to Richland County, Ohio, at an early day. In 1835 he entered 160 acres of wild land in Brady Township, Williams County, and moved to it. Thirty years later he sold the farm which he had carved out of the wilderness and bought the land now known as teh Grisier farm immediately adjoining Bryan. In 1876 he moved to Waterloo, Indiana, where he remained five years, returning in 1881 to Edgerton where he continued to reside until his death.
John Miller was never a prominent man, but he was a most excellent citizen and in every respect an exemplary citizen.
The funeral services were held Sunday in the Universalist Church at Bryan, Ohio. Rev. Harry Canfield officating.
(John Miller was Grandma Ellen Rebecca Miller Preston's father)
Children of John (1806-1888) and Rebecca (1808-1892) Miller:
1. Sabrina Miller (b. 30 Dec 1832, Richland Co, OH)
2. William Carle Miller (b. 10 Nov 1834, Richland Co, OH)
3. Richard Miller (b. abt 1837, Williams Co, OH; d. abt 1839)
4. Harriet Miller (b. 4 Nov 1838, Williams Co, OH)
5. Harmon L. Miller (b. 13 Dec 1840, Williams Co, OH) - See Story on him!
6. Daniel Burns Miller (b. 17 Jun 1843, Williams Co, OH)
7. Lydia Ann Miller (b. 12 Oct 1845, Williams Co, OH)
8. John M. Miller (b. abt 1848, Williams Co, OH; d. 1851)
9. Ellen Rebecca Miller (b. 15 Sep 1850, Bryan Township, Williams Co, OH) - See her family!
This page created 29 Mar 1998. Last updated 24 Aug 2003, by William L. (Bill) Smith.