This photograph was displayed in the home of Edward Klein in 1998, when he gave us permission to photograph it. This land was the subject of a land patent issued to John L. Ladd in Grant County, Wisconsin on 1 June 1858. Its legal description was the W 1/2 of SW 1/4 and S 1/2 of NW 1/4 and S 1/2 of NE 1/4 and N 1/2 of SE 1/4, Sec. 4, Twp. 5 N, Range 4 W, District of Sands. This view is looking northwest. This area lies northwest of the residence, which is out of the range of this picture.