Stockholm #4 was one of the first of the country schools built in the heart of the Swedish settlement. The first school building was located on the southwest acre of the Peter Petersson farm in Stockholm section 17 shortly after 1870. Fred Gronau later purchased this farm and about 1925 another acre was acquired from the Gronaus for the building of a replacement school. It was probably the finest built rural school in Crawford County. In 1927, the students of the upper classes of the 8 grades at this school posed for a picture with their teacher, Mabel Clauson.
Left to Right, Rear: Robert Winquist, Carl Neumann,
teacher Miss Clauson, Edward Hansohn, Waldo Winquist, Walter