Search billions of records on

Swedish Evangelical Free Church in Old Kiron 

This is the original church building that first was erected just west of the northwestern corner of the Kiron cemetery.  In the mid 1890's it was moved to a lot in Old Kiron.  This picture is the house and parsonage in Old Kiron. The site was on the west side of the Spirit Lake Airline and about 500 feet south of the crossroads. About 1900 the church was moved to a site in New Kiron and then removed to a site on Orange Street while the replacement building was being constructed on the north Kiron site in 1914  The parsonage remained in Old Kiron and was used as a residence by Alma Anderson. Ed Clauson and Rev. Moberg stand in front of the building.