Search billions of records on Ancestry.com

        Building the Kiron State Bank around 1905

This picture shows the construction of the replacement single story building that was the original bank building on this corner of city square. The Kiron State Bank was formed as the Boyer Valley Banking Company at the turn of the century and became the Kiron State Bank shortly thereafter.  Building a larger two story building was one of the first changes that was made. The second story had rooms that could be used for business meetings. The room at the northeast corner was used as the telephone switching station for the Kiron Telephone Company. Several Kiron women found employment as switchboard operators there. It was staffed around the clock. A stairwell at the northeast corner led from the street westward up to the north-south hall on the 2nd floor. The main entrance to the first floor was through a folding steel gate guarded short wide stairwell on the Prairie Street side.