Search billions of records on

Leslie Arnold Larson - Funeral Held Thursday In Kiron (1896- 17 Dec 1973)

KIRON...Leslie Arnold Larson, son of Charles O. and Hilda Johnson Larson was born January 24, 1896 in Ida County, Near Kiron, Iowa. In 1910 the family moved to Alcester, South Dakota. He was baptized there and became a member of the Big Springs Baptist Church.
In 1915 he returned to Kiron to work at the Kiron Auto Company. October 26, 1917 he was married to Lillian Bilsten at Denison and they made their home in Kiron. They had four children, Maxine, Leslie Jr., Mary and Herb.
Mr. Larson operated the Kiron Auto Company from the time he purchased it until 1957 when he sold the business.
In 1950 he purchased a Residential Court in Tucson, Arizona which was taken care of by his son, Leslie, Jr., and later by Herb and the Robert Nelsons.
In the past eight years he has spent most of his time in Tucson returning to Kiron for the summer months.
He died at Crawford County Memorial hospital Monday December 17, 1973. He was preceded in death by his parents, two brothers, Vernie and William and one sister, Myrtle.
He is survived by his wife, Lillian of Kiron, two daughters (Maxine), Mrs. Wilmer Ang of Kiron and (Mary), Mrs. Robert Nelson of Tucson, Arizona and two sons, Leslie Jr, and Herb, both of Tucson, Arizona. Four sisters, Margaret Winters, Adeline Brown (Esther), Mrs. Henry Sablotney and Dorothy Brown, all of Tucson, Arizona. Fourteen grandchildren and 20 great grandchildren.
Mr. Larson served on the town council or as Mayor with the exception of two years, from 1917 until his retirement. He retired from the Board of Education in 1953 and later served on the Denison Community school district as director. He was employed by the Iowa Public Service as a repair man for the Substation for 35 years. He joined the Denison Kiwanis Club in 1948 and served as the president of that organization for one term and served on most committees in that club.
Funeral services were held at the Evangelical Free Church of Kiron Thrusday afternoon, December 20, 1973 with Rev. Marion Robey.

 Return to Obituary Table of Contents