Anna Marie Lindberg - (1861 -
1934) -- Kiron News clipping
OBITUARY OF MRS. ANNA LARSON
The following obituary of Mrs. J. P. Larson was taken from the
Mrs. Anna Marie Larson, nee Lindberg, was born in Ballnas, Hakingland,
Sweden April 5, 1861. When a child of only a few years, she came
with her parents to America in August 1865. The family settled
in Iowa where they made their home in Sioux City, and also in
Boone county, and later in Kiron where the deceased was united
in marriage to John Peter Larson, Dec. 31, 1878. To this union
were born eleven children, five of whom have preceded their mother
in death. Mr. Larson passed away August 14, 1930.
Mr. and Mrs. Larson moved to Boyd county, Neb to a farm north
of Bristow in 1905, later retiring to a home in Bristow.
Mrs. Larson passed away Thursday August 23, 1934 at the home of
her daughter, Mrs. Bessie Lantz at Ideal, South Dakota at the
age of 73 years, 4 months, and 17 days. Ever since the death of
her husband her health and strength have been failing. She went
to sleep as usual on Wednesday night, to awaken the following
morning in the Great Beyond.
She is survived and mourned by five daughters, Mrs. Clara Tranter,
Armour, S.D., Mrs. Bessie Lantz, Ideal, S.D., Mrs. Minnie Anderson,
Fresno, Cal. (who could not be at the funeral), Mrs. Ruby Stone
of Flippin, Okla, Mrs. Vera Londberg, Bristow, Neb, two sons,
Art Larson, Nemo, S. D. and Johnnie Larson of Sidney, and 24 grandchildren,
8 great grandchildren, and a host of friends.
Mrs. Larson took an active part in the work of the Free Mission
church at Kiron while residing there and at the present time a
member of the Rosedale Mission church. She is known as a true
Christian whose faith has been tried in many struggles. She has
won the victory and has now received the crown of life.
Funeral services were held from the home of her daughter, Mrs.
Reuben Londberg in Bristow, Sunday afternoon at 1:30, Mrs. P.
E. Nelson and Mrs. Axel Johnson sang "Face to Face".
Scripture was read by Rev Aug. Johnson and prayer offered by Rev.
N. H. Pearson. Services were then conducted in the Mission church
north of Bristow, Rev. Aug. Johnson pastor of the church officiating,
assisted by Rev. N. H. Pearson of the Lutheran church of Bristow,
and Rev. O. W. Bengtson of Randoll Valley, S.D. Music was furnished
by a mixed quartette consisting of Ivy Nelson, Ellen Landholm,
Joyce Nelson and Paul Johnson who sang, "Den Strid Du Kanpat
Ut" and "Stralande Hem I Fjarran" (Beautiful Isle
of Somewhere) The pall bearers were: John W. Johnson, Axel Johnson,
Albin Anderson, E. A. Chore, J. W. Anderson, and C. Oscar Anderson.
The body was laid to rest beside her husband in the family lot
in Mission Cemetery. At the grave a mixed quartette sang "Det
(Note) Mrs. Larson resided in this locality for many years. She
was but a young girl when her parents came to this locality. Their
first home was made on what is known as the Julius Johnson farm
four miles southeast of Kiron, where her father erected and conducted
the first blacksmith shop in this settlement. She grew up to womanhood
in this locality and has a number of acquaintances and friends
who still remember her and whose esteem she won and held. After
her marriage to John P. Larson their home was made for many years
and up to the time they moved to Bristow, Neb. on the farm two
miles southwest of Kiron now occupied by Juble Mauritz and family.
Thus another of the early pioneers of this locality has gone to
join the many other pioneers who have gone to their final rest.
Mrs. Larson was a relative of Mrs. O. M. Meleen and V. H. Meleen
and a grand mother to Ralph Tranter, who stays with the Meleens.
Return to Obituary
Table of Contents