NameAndrew Langworthy (ca 1675)32
Birth Dateca 1675
Birth PlaceNewport, Rhode Island
Death Dateca 1720
Death PlaceProbably Little Compton, Rhode Island
Birth PlaceLittle Compton, RI30
Death Placeprobably Stonington, New London Co., Connecticut
Marr Dateca 1700
Marr PlaceProb. Little Compton, Rhode Island
Notes for Andrew Langworthy (ca 1675)
Four men are assumed to be the sons of Andrew and Rachel (Hubbard) Langworthy, and Andrew is clearly the most controversial of them.
* There’s little hard evidence that he’s one of their children. This is discussed in “The children of Andrew and Rachel”, accessed from their family page.
* William Franklin Langworthy (WFL) claimed that this man’s name was Robert. This is discussed at “Where’s Robert?”, also accessed from the family page of Andrew and Rachel.
Here’s what we know or presume about Andrew:
* He was probably born between 1670 and 1680, based on the ages of his children.
* He married Patience Brownell, daughter of Robert Brownell of Little Compton.
* His children included Thomas (born in 1708) and Joseph (born in 1710). WFL said that other children were Robert (the oldest) and Mary (the youngest) who both died before marrying. I’ve found no evidence to support WFL’s statements, and no reason to reject them.
* In a deed dated December 26, 1717, Andrew Langworthy says he is a husbandman, i.e. a farmer, of Little Compton.
* Andrew died before September 1722, when his widow, Patience, married John Sanford, a widower of Little Compton.