- 1565 - John Meberie, hammerman, was our common ancestor
- - - - Records spell his name at least nine ways during his own lifetime
- 1565-1700 - Early Maybury generations in England
- - - - Sussex, Shropshire, Monmothshire, Worcestershire & HerefordshireNew family branches began as some Mayburys
moved to Ireland, America, Australia and South Africa
- 1627 - The Mayburys of Lancashire and Londonderry
- - - - to Lancasire in 1627; then to northern Ireland in 1657
- 1671 - The Mayburys of County Kerry, Ireland
- - - - three Maybury hammermen arrive in southwest Ireland about 1671
- c1675 - The Mayburys of Surry County, Virginia
- - - - Francis Maybury marries Elizabeth Gilliam in 1685
- 1716 - Mayburys arrive in Pennsylvania and New Jersey
- - - - Maybury iron workers active in PA, NJ, MD and VA
- 1735 - The Mayberrys of Windham, Maine
- - - - Descendants of the Lancashire/Londonderry Mayberrys
- c1765 - Frederick Mayberry in Bedford County, Virginia
- - - - in NJ about 1750; ancestors either from England or Germany
- 1775 - Mayburys to the United States and Canada
- - - - Many more Maybury immigrants after the American Revolution
- 1828 - Mayburys in Australia and New Zealand
- - - - many transported as convicts from England
- c1850 - An early Maybery family in South Africa
- - - - First known Maybery family in South Africa
The Maybury Family
The Maybury DNA Project
Tracing the Maybury family DNA signature
complex report looks erratic, please try a
different browser (Firefox, Chrome,
MS Edge, Safari, Internet Explorer. etc.).
The Mayburys of
Surry County, Virginia Francis Maybury and Elizabeth Gilliam
and their descendants
Mayburys yet to be identified How do these individuals
connect to the larger family?
The Maybury Photo Archive
Photos from many branches of the family
New research since publication of
about the Mayburys
About Don Collins and
the Maybury Family web page
The definitive book
on the Maybury family The Mayburys culminates sixty years
of research into the origins, history
and growth of the Maybury family.
654 pages plus another 1,095 pages
on a CD included with every book
$35 plus $8 for priority mailing
in the United States
RootsWeb.com is having a
problem with one of it's servers.
Until this is resolved, we are unable
to update our Maybury DNA Report.
If you have questions, comments or
A good quotation is food for the mind
"Time is the quality of nature that keeps events from happening all at once. Lately it doesn't seem to be working."
. . . . . . . . . . . -- Anonymous
| Copyright and fair use policy:
The information on The Maybury Family web page has been researched and compiled by Don Collins, working with hundreds of family and professional researchers over sixty years. This information is copyrighted and may not be copied, downloaded, reproduced, distributed, or published in any form, including on the internet. Nor may it be otherwise transmitted in any form without the prior written permission of Don Collins.
Permission is granted to download and print information found on The Maybury Family page solely for personal, non-commercial use. The unauthorized use of information found on The Maybury Family page, including publication on a personal or family web page, without prior written permission is a violation of copyright law. Should you desire to copy or download any information contained on The Maybury Family page, please contact Don Collins.