Each year a number of Mabry/Mayberry family reunions take place around the country. If you live near one of these reunions and would like to meet some other cousins you would be most welcome. Unfortunately, the information for many of these reunions below IS NOT UP TO DATE. The locations and contact persons listed below are those I have received most recently. If you have more current information, please contact me and I will try to update it.
Descendants of Little Wafer6 Mabry (Patrick5, Joel4, Ephraim3, Hinchia2, Francis1) 2010 FAMILY REUNION CANCELLATION Regretfully, we had to cancel the June 26th 2010 Family Reunion scheduled at Fuller's Chapel in Leoma, Tennessee. Many families were affected by flooding that hit Tennessee back in May and are still recovering. Also, the weather has been unusually hot already this summer bringing concerns that many elderly family members will be unable to make the trip to attend. To to allow our family members to continue to recover from the flooding and avoid the excessive heat, we have found it necessary to cancel the event. We are sorry for the late notice but the decision was just made in the last 24 hours. We have not rescheduled the Family Reunion at this time. We do not see having the reunion this year. We would like some input from the family on whether we should change the reunion to every 2 or 3 years instead of yearly. We would also like to possibly change the Family Reunion date to a date earlier in the spring or later in the fall. We feel it would be easier on everyone to avoid the heat. Mabry Reunion Committee Updates: The restoration project is still progressing but very slowly. Donations have not covered the costs of repairing the picnic shelter as of yet. The lowest estimate for the repairs is $650.00. To date we have collected $250.00 total toward the needed repairs. We pray our donations will increase in order to complete the work over the next 8 months. The tombstone tracings and photographs are continuing. We hope to be able to bring those available to anyone needing them soon. The Mabry "Freemasonry" history project is also now underway. If you are a "Freemason" and member of the Mabry family or have had a family member who was a Freemason, we need your input. Fuller's Chapel Cemetery has MANY Masonic gravestones so we know "Freemasonry" had an impact on the Mabry family over the past 275 years. Contact me if you can help out.
And lastly, I have served proudly as President of the Family Reunion Committee since 2007. Next year will be my 4th year. I have decided that I will not allow myself to be nominated for another year after 2011. I will see us through our current repair project on the picnic shelter and I will always be available to help with ongoing family history projects. My disabilties have forced me to slow down. I am not physically able to make the many trips needed to stay up on matters as I once did. I hope everyone understands and respects my decision. I need to hand this off to someone who lives closer and is a few years younger and healthier. So if anyone is out there near Leoma, Tennessee who can step up to the plate, your family needs you. Thank you and God bless you all. Billy Mabry- Family Reunion committee President 2008-2011
4041 Darlene Drive
Antioch, Tennessee 37013 Please e-mail me at either of these addresses Billy Mabry or Billy Mabry
The following information is current for the Wyatt-Mabry family reunion in 2017:
The Wyatt-Mabry Family Reunion -- Descendants of Rosa8 Mabry (James7, Simuel6, Alfred5, Daniel4, Ephraim3, Hinchia2, Francis1) and William "Will" Wyatt -- will meet on Saturday, June 24, 2017, in the Gallery Room of America's Best Value Inn, 2828 North Loop 323, in Tyler, Texas.
For more information, please e-mail John Hall or contact John at 12301 Blanco Avenue, San Antonio, TX 78216. You may call him at: 210-347-8734.
Information on the following reunions has not been updated for two or more years.
Please contact those below for more recent information.
- Descendants of Alexander6 Mabry (James Thomas5, Joel4, Ephraim3, Hinchia2, Francis1) will gather again on 24 June 2006 in Hattiesburg, MS at the home of Tom Mabry. ALL Mabrys are welcome! Tom is preparing a barbecue and would appreciate your letting him know if you can come. Please contact Tom Mabry at 601-818-3805. You may also contact Laurie Stuart
- Descendants of Theodorick, John and James Maberry and Rebecca Mabry Farris, all children of John Mabry of Rutherford County, TN, have been holding annual reunions in the Ray/Carroll County, MO area since 1972. For more information contact Judy Simms at email@example.com
- Descendants of William L.6 Mabry (Cornelius5, Cornelius, Cornelius, Charles, Francis) have been holding their reunions each year for the past 45 years. They now meet on the second Sunday in June at the New Shamrock Presbyterian Church in the Mabry Community which is four miles west of Clarksville, Texas on US Highway 82 between Paris, Texas and the Oklahoma border. What began as a family reunion 45 years ago has now become a community reunion.
- Descendants of Foster Mabry and Celia Hutto of Union County, South Carolina and Texas gathered on May 1, 2004 in Tyler, Texas. These include their children: Daniel H. Mabry, Allie Mabry Madden, Edna Mabry Gilmore, Lulu Mabry Keels, Bertha Mabry Braiser, George Mabry, and Henry Mabry. For more information about this reunion, send a message to Peggy Taylor or call her at 936-662-9137. You may also call our hosts, Richard and Kay Mabry at: 903-882-8149.
- Descendants of Alexander Erret Mayberry(son of Jessee & Emily Profitt)and his wife Letty Celina Gentry (daughter of Matthew Gentry & Harriet Loftis) met on Aug. 10, 2004 at the Will S. Green Park & Clubhouse at 10th & Webster Streets in Colusa, California. This family descends from Seth Mayberry of Jackson County, Tennessee. For more information, send a message to Barbara McLaughlin at Bobbiejowells@aol.com
- Descendants of Willie F. and Edith M. Boyd Mabry, John and Mary Randolph Mabry Caddo Co. OK, Jesse, Seth, Jr. Seth, Sr. of Jackson Co TN have met at Fort Cobb Lake, Fort Cobb, OK for 10 years. 40-50 usually attend. Call Dorothy Gordon at 405-382-4382 for more information.
- Descendants of Landon Crawford Mayberry and Luanna Jane Bolton Mayberry held a reunion in Artesia, New Mexico on July 5, 1997. Landon Crawford was the son of John Anderson Mayberry and the grandson of John Peyton Mayberry of Jackson County, Tennessee. For more information, contact Bob Mayberry at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Descendants of Albert R.8 Mabry and Royal Quinn8 Mabry (Albert Pinkney7, Russell, Patrick, Joel, Ephraim, Hinchia, Francis) meet anually in Texas. The contact person is Rita Mabry Debo, Rt. 1, Box 101A, Burnet, TX 78611 (Phone: 512-756-6430).
- Descendants of Charles Mayberry of Grayson County, Virginia hold their annual reunion, usually in September. For more information contact Mr. Jay Nance, Kentland Drive S.W., Roanoke, VA 24018.
- Descendants of David Mabry (likely grandson of Frederick Mayberry of New Jersey) gathered in 1995 in Rotan, Texas. The contact person was Patsy Hamric whose phone number is 915-735-3370 (evenings).
- The Newton County, Mississippi Mabrys (descendants of Walter5 Mabry (Joel4, Ephraim, Hinchia, Francis) usually meet in or near Newton, Mississippi every other year.
- Descendants of John Robert7 Mabry (William6, James, Adam, Ephraim, Hinchia, Francis) hold an annual reunion on the 2nd Saturday of April each year (unless that's Easter weekend) at 7945 State Hwy 150 W. in Evergreen, TX. Text Judy Hunter-Schreiner at 936 293 6795 or email: email@example.com for further info.
- Descendants of Robert Watson6 Mabry (Woodford5, Jordan, Joshua, Hinchia, Francis) have been meeting each year for the past 59 years! For more information, contact Connly Mabry at (770)427-4456.