Vital Statistics (Where to search in Ohio to find Birth, Death, Marriage, Divorce, Land, Will & Estate Records.)
- Adoption Information (This contains information on where to obtain Adoption information in Ohio, about adoption records, The Ohio Revised Code as relates to adoption, and links to an adoption web ring.)
- Bibliography (Gives detailed descriptions for the sources used for all the information on this and the connected pages.)
- Ohio Network of American History and Research Centers (The Ohio Network of American History Research Centers was established in 1970 to further the collection, preservation, and accessibility of Ohio records and other resource materials. Since that time an increasing number of county offices, often troubled by storage shortages, have transferred many old records to the regional center. Each center's holdings include a microfilmed collection of area newspapers.)
- Author Kip Sperry - You can email Kip Sperry at Kip_Sperry@byu.edu and visit his web page at http://www.kipsperry.com/.
- Reading Early American Handwriting by Kip Sperry -- He has just finished writing another book. It shows how to read early American documents, such as wills, deeds, and town records, etc., and includes copies of many documents, with transcriptions. Included are documents dating from the nineteenth century to the seventeenth century. Although most are colonial documents, some Midwestern states records are shown and transcribed. It sells for $29.99 (plus $3.50 postage and handling) and is available from: Genealogical Publishing Company, 1001 North Calvert Street, Baltimore, MD 21202-3897, Telephone: 1-800-296-6687 or 410-837-8271 (I have no connection to the Genealogical Publishing Company).
- Kip Sperry, author of Genealogical Research In Ohio (Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1997), has written an article, "Finding Your Ohio Ancestors" in Everton's Genealogical Helper
(March/April 1998), pp. 10-15. This article describes Ohio Internet
sites, compact discs, published sources, record offices in Ohio and elsewhere, and other items of interest to Ohio researchers.
- Genealogical Research In Ohio by Kip Sperry -- The 315 page book is fully indexed. It sells for $28.50 (plus $3.50 postage and handling) and is available from: Genealogical Publishing Company, 1001 North Calvert Street, Baltimore, MD 21202-3897, Telephone: 1-800-296-6687 or 410-837-8271 (I have no connection to the Genealogical Publishing Company).
INDIVIDUAL COUNTY INFORMATION: A guide to my pages containing genealogical information about Ohio Counties. Feel welcome to visit any county and obtain information from my skeleton closet of how to track your footloose and fancy-free ancestors.
NOTE: This area is constantly under construction. If you need more info on a certain county, drop me a line and I will put it up as soon as possible.
"Ohio Lands - A Short History" (This is a short booklet on Land Transactions in Ohio. It is very informative.)
HISTORY OF THE WESTERN RESERVE (This information was on the Lake County Ohio GenWeb Page & for ease of loading I relocated it here.)
Early Ohio Settlers -- The first permanent white settlements were in Marietta, Gallipolis and Manchester. The people who settled here were a hardy and diverse group. They were of German, Irish, African, Scottish, English, Welsh, Dutch, Swedish, and French Huguenot ancestry. Most of these first settlers were farmers, and came from the New England area of the United States. In later years the immigrants/settlers were from Virginia, West Virginia, and Kentucky.
Defunct and Changed Place Names in Ohio (Here you can search for that place name that used to be. This is an excellent site to check out.)
Library Research Network This site has a Search Engine (Use this to locate any town or city in the State of Ohio.)
- Index to Indiana Marriages Through 1850 -- just in case you're ancestors got hitched across state lines!
Archives -- Marriage Records/Holdings - No actual marriages but information on what marriage records are available for each Ohio county.
Archives -- Naturalization Records/Holdings - No actual Naturalizations but information on what Naturalization records are available for each Ohio county.
OHIO TOURISM: Links to touring & vacations in the State of Ohio
QUARANTINED! (A funny poem about addiction to genealogy)