Search billions of records on Ancestry.com

 

 

Serfass Tracts (purple)

 

 

449:   Warranted 6 June 1750; Survey A-2-89 dated 14 May 1751; Patented by John S. Smale July 5, 1870? [Arrearages and fees on 20 A 73 P, paid by John Smale]

To Phillip Serfois

100 Acres 100 Perches, then Bucks County [on the survey map Pockopoko Creek runs "horizontally" through the tract]

Click to view survey

In 1751, the tract was bordered by:  George Cunckle; David "Leigh__ltz" [Seizeholts] and Vacant Land [one border]; and Adam "Shedkelm." 

10 of these acres surveyed 22 August 1851 "at the request of John S. Fisher."  At this time, this small tract was bordered by:   Abraham Fisher; John Serfass late Peter Rolms; Conrad Frable; and Joseph Meckes.  

70 of these acres surveyed 11 June 1852 to Joseph Meckes.   At this time, this tract was bordered by:  George Levers; Vacant; David Seizeholts now David Gregory; Jno. S. Fisher [a small portion]; "Philip Serfoss (now) Charles Christman"; and David Smail.

See also No. 573 below.

 

 

464:  Warranted 16 June 1755; Survey C-231-75 dated 20 October 1755

To Philip Serfas

91.5 Acres, Over the Blue Mountains, Northampton County

This tract is randomly placed on the map background at this time.  It may help when this tract is placed.

In 1755, the tract was bordered by:  Hans Adam Teel

 

 

463 (rust  tract bordered in purple): 
Warranted 16 June 1755 [for 25 acres]

To Frederick Haed Survey C-231-74 dated 18 October 1755 "Frederick Haed in right of Philip Serfas"

130 Acres 137 Perches, Beyond the Blue Hills in the County of Northampton

Click to view survey

In 1755, the tract was bordered by:  Vacant and Jacob Weiss; and Frederick Haed's other land.

From Moravian Archives Dick Musselman found the following early entry:

Diaconat Ledger E
Folio #151
Warrants & Surveys

1 June 1762

130 acres & 137 perches situate upon Bochgobuckto Creek at Nechquetank, surveyed in right of Philip Serfas by a Warrant for 25 acres, dated 16 Jun.1755. This tract of land is in dispute with said Serfas......2.4.6

 

 

Hoeth Tracts (rust)

 

394:  2 Warrants 6 May 1750 and 7 June 1750; Survey A-49-37 dated 3 February 1752; Patent A-16-107 [Application [RG-17] 7 June 1750, 300 Acres more or less adjoining his own on Pochopocho Creek, Bucks County.  Next was shown Application of Adam Sheedhelm, 200 acres more or less adjoining the Lands of David Seisholts and Jacob Weiss on Pockopocho Creek Bucks County. 

To Frederick Head/Haed/Heat [Hoeth]

995 Acres on Pocho Pochko Creek, Northampton County

This survey showed an excellent drawing of the creek.  Click to view survey

The white tract within this tract No. 394 was 336 1/4 acres deeded to Frederick Marshal, as Residuary Legatee, 23 May 1792, of the Estate of Nathaniel Seidel.  [This is NOT the 336.88 referred to in Egle's.]  Other than the metes and bounds which set out the layout of the tract, the land was described as containing  "Grist and Saw Mill and Tract of Land."  Philip Shupp's land bounded on the north and Frederick Marshall and Richard Peters bounded on the east (John McMichael's land).  William "Gervas" bounded on all other sides.  

Note:  The Shupps had other land not shown on this map nor have I received the surveys for their land yet. 

 

 

465:   Warrant date left blank on the survey:  Survey A-51-245 dated 20 August 1752; Patented A-17-177 to Frederick Haed, second of two tracts patented--other is 468.  Deeded to Abraham Boemper, Bethlehem, Silversmith, 12 December 1753 [along with tract 468].  I believe this to be from Warrant No. 147 of 2 May 1750, returned 25 October 1752, to Frederick Haed, adjoining William Parsons and Lawrence Remmy on Beaver Creek.   This tract was one of the tracts that made up the 336.88 acres referred to in Egle's.   (110.112 perches and 215.136 perches = 336.88.)

To Frederick "Head"

Re 215 Acres 136 Perches, on a branch of Pocho Pochko, Northampton County

 

 

468:  Surveyed to Daniel Creytz on a Warrant dated 17 November 1751, deeded to Frederick 24 October 1752; Patent A-17-177 dated 28 October 1752 [2d of two tracts patented--465 is the other]; Deeded to Abraham Boemper, Bethlehem, Silversmith, 12 December 1753 [along with 468].  This tract was one of the tracts that made up the 336.88 acres referred to in Egle's.  (110.112 perches and 215.136 perches = 336.88.)

To Frederick Haed

110 Acres 112 Perches, near Pocho Pochko Creek

This tract is randomly placed on the map background at this time.  It may help when this tract is placed. 

Note:  Tracts 394, 465, 468, and 508 were all eventually deeded to Abraham Bomper who in turn deeded them all, 1,395 acres total, 5 January 1762, to Nathaniel Seidel, Bethlehem, Clerk, a Moravian, which became a Moravian Indian School called "Wechquetank."  [I have the detail outlining the conveying of all these properties to Abraham Bomper.]

 

 

463 (rust tract bordered in purple): 
Warranted 16 June 1755

To Frederick Haed Survey C-231-74 dated 18 October 1755 "Frederick Haed in right of Philip Serfas"

130 Acres 137 Perches, Beyond the Blue Hills in the County of Northampton

Click to view survey

 


Click for Timeline of Hoeth land transactions


Click for
Timeline of Serfass land transactions

Other Tracts

 

466:  Warranted 7 June 1750; Survey C-85-198 dated 11 August 1752; Patented 24 May 1959 to William Morris Esq., of Trenton, conveyed by deed of 9 December 1758.

To Adam She[e]dhelm/Shedham [Warrant said adjoining David Seisholts and Jacob Weiss on Pockopocho Creek]

241 Acres 74 Perches, Beyond the Blue Mountains, Northampton County

Click to view survey

In 1752, this tract was bordered by:  300 acres of Richard Wistar [of the City of Philadelphia] on the west; Philip Surfois on the east; Vacant Land on the north and south.  [In 1765 this land was sold by by public vendue [as Wistar refused to pay the Tax Collector] the sale taking place at the "House of Philip Serras."  Pennsylvania Gazette]  

 

 

432:  Warranted 16 May 1750 to David Seizholtz, Survey C-218-37 dated 10 July 1752; deeded to John Petty, son of Joseph Petty of Walnutport, Lehigh Township, Northampton County; patented to David Gregory, Patent Book H-48-474, 27 February 1852.

To David Seizholtz

151 Acres 138 Perches, situate on Pocho Pocho Creek, Northampton County

Click to view survey 1       Click to view survey 2

In 1839, the lower half of this land was apparently surveyed to Conrad Frable. 

The upper half was Purpart #3 of the John Petty Estate and taken up by his son George Petty and later went to David Gregory. 

 

 

856:   Warranted 5 June 1750; Surveyed 10 July 1752; Patent P-16-55 dated 11 September 1787, called "Oblong"

To Jacob Weiss

In 1752, this tract was bordered by:  David Sutholds on the west and Frederick Head and vacant land on the east.

In 1834, the lower 2/3 was sold as Purpart 1 of the John Petty Estate to David Gregory, and bordered by Lawrence Serfas on the north; by land of the said David Gregory to the Bridge over Pocopoco, or Big Creek on the east (Hoeth land); by land intended to be conveyed to Conrad Frable on the south; and by land of the said David Gregory and Purpart #3 of the Estate of John Petty deceased. 

 

 

454:  Application 21 August 1765; Survey A-6-25 10 September 1767

To Mathias Bush

50 Acres 112 Perches, over the Blue Mountains in Northampton County

In 1767 this land was bounded on the east by "Late Daniel Kreitz/Creytz"; on the south by David Seazholtz (Sussholz).

 

 

573:  Warranted 14 May 1793; Survey C-103-64 dated 12 June 1793

To George Brown

173 Acres 53 Perches, Chesnuthill Township, Northampton County

In 1793, this tract was bordered by:  George Kunkle; Laurence Fisher; Matthias Bush and *Peter Kachline [Kethland?} William Serfas and *Adam Sorber; Abraham Merkum. 

[*Per Dale Berger:  "According to the inventory of his estate, his land was on Head's Creek and adjacent on the west to land of Adam Souer, on the north vacant land (formerly the Hoeth tract), on the east land of Peter Kethland, and on the south vacant land. "  11 March 1785 was the date of Philip's Will--"my homestead place or plantation on which I now dwell containing one hundred fifty acres of land be it more or less."]

 

 

508:  Warranted 16 January 1753; Survey A-88-102 dated 13 April 1754; Deeded 5 January 1762, by father and Executor of his estate, Abraham Boemper, to Nathaniel Seidel, Bethlehem, Clerk, a Moravian, as part of 1,395 acres sold which became part of a Moravian Indian School called "Wechquetank." 

To:  Christian Bomper (son of Abraham Bomper, son-in-law of Frederick Hoeth, husband of Philippina--he was killed by the Indians January 1756)

74 Acres situate on the North side of the Blue Mountains, Northampton County

 

 

513:   Warranted 9 September 1754; Deeded to John Oakley 21 November 1759; Deeded to Nathaniel "Seidle" 29 August 1776; Willed to Frederick Marshall; Patent P-11-257 dated 11 September 1787, called "Bumper," to Frederick Marshall Esqr., Executor

To Abraham Bomper

84.75 Acres, Chesnuthill Township

 

 

500:  3 warrantes dated 28 December 1749; Survey A-48-136 28 May 1750; later belonged to Richard Peters

To John McMichael

715 Acres situate on Pocho-Pocho Creek, Bucks County, then Northampton

Click to view survey

 

 

574:  Warranted 30 May 1786, Survey C-103-62 dated 16 September 1790 [survey includes a little bit of creek view]

To George Kunkle

60 Acres 120 Perches, Chesnuthill Township, Northampton County

 

 

443 through 447, 546, 547, and 556.   These tracts were mapped from the surveys but were also mapped by the Kresge researchers, in particular Clarence Hawk in 1940, which placed these tracts where they are shown over and around Effort, Pennsylvania.  From the book Descendants of Conrad Kresge, 1970 Edition.  The larger portion of these tracts (372 acres--the three center tracts of which the creek runs through) was warranted to Jacob Weiss 15 May 1750. 

Note added 2/16/03:  The large tract was later re-surveyed into three tracts with distinct coordinates up/down the river which helped the Kresge researchers to place Jacob Weiss' tract where it is.  The survey maps show a distinct part of the creek which is also shown as partly being in John McMichael's tract.  The placement of the Hoeth and neighboring tracts hinges on the placement of these surveys of Jacob Weiss' tract.

Click to view survey