This is another of those families that I keep running into.
Joseph CULHAM (sometimes written like Calhoun) married Sage ROWLAND
Sage CULHAM was widowed prior to 30 April 1859 as that is when she married Alexander McPHERSON. On the marriage registration, Sage is age 42, born in Wales, d/o Morris ROWLAND & Sage ROWLAND. Alexander McPHERSON was age 36, born in Ontario, s/o Alexander McPHERSON & Janet McPHERSON. They were married in Toronto.
Sage and Alexander McPHERSON were in Etobicoke in the 1881 census - Alex age 56, township clerk & treasurer and Sage age 57. With them is John McPHERSON, age 21, born Ontario, farmer.
Joseph & Sage CULHAM had a daughter Louisa who was born about 1849 and she married Robert MOORHOUSE in Islington in 1872. Robert was s/o William & Catherine. Louisa & Robert had many children, all of whom seemed to have been born in Lambton Co. - Amy Ethel 1881, George Edgar 1879, Leslie Pierce 1876, Llewellyn Alexander 1875, and Nellie Sage 1873,
Sage McPHERSON died 3 May 1904 at Islington, age 87, death reg 31367-04, blood poisoning of 3 weeks duration
Joseph & Sage's son Truman was born 3 Jan 1844 in Ontario.
On 3 April 1872 in Toronto twp., Peel Co., Truman married Harriet CLARKSON, d/o William & Sarah nee TURNER. Harriet was born 21 April 1852 in Ontario. She had 2 older brothers, James & William as well as a sister Sarah
Children of Trueman & Harriet:
Joseph Edgar, b. 9 Feb 1872, York Co; m. Ida DIVELL, August 03, 1898, Toronto twp.
- Ida was d/o William Rufus DIVELL & Sarah TRUEMAN (although Ida's marriage reg gives her mother's name as Hannah). In the 1891 census Ida is Roxie Ida, age 14 (b. 11 Sept 1876)
- Marr reg # 11682-98, witn: Florence Divell & Clarkson Grice
- In 1898 Joseph was butcher in York Co.
- 1901 census: living next to Joseph's parents. One son, Gordon CULHAM, born 23 June 1899. Ida's brother Arnold is also with them . Gordon married Isabella McKINNON on 26 Sept 1923 in Singhampton.
- Ida & Joseph also had a daughter, Florence Ann CULHAM, born about 1902. She married Edgar LOUGHEED on 11 March 1925 in Singhampton, Simcoe Co., Ontario. Marriage reg # 18589-25. Witnesses were Ada CULHAM of Smithfield & Lizzie LOUGHEED of Singhampton. Edgar was s/o George LOUGHEED & Mary McINNIS. Another d/o Ida & Joseph was Ada (see witness in mariage above) and she married Joseph Dawson LOUGHEED in Singhampton in 30 June 1926. Joseph Dawson was s/o James LOUGHEED & Sarah Ann TAYLOR. I am not sure what relation the two Lougheed men were to each other.
Ann R. , 3 Jan 1874 - at home in 1901 census
Alice Evalyne b. 5 Feb 1877 in Etobicoke. Birth reg 37956-77. She married William MARSHALL of Toronto twp. in 1898, s/o Joseph MARSHALL & Emma
Walter Rowland, 19 April 1878 in Etobicoke. Birth reg 40579-79. He was at home in the 1901 census
Jenny - 26 June 1880 (not in 1881 census - really born in 1881?).
- 15596-05 (Peel Co): Otto Wellington CAVAN, 26, farmer, Toronto twp., Port Credit, s/o George E. CAVAN & Frances PATCH, married Jennie Louisa CULHAM, 23, Etobicoke, Summerville, d/o Trueman CULHAM, farmer, & Harriet CLARKSON, witn: James H. CAVAN of Port Credit & Ella CULHAM of Summerville, 7 June 1905 at Summerville
Thompson George. - born 21 Oct 1885 in Etobicoke twp. Birth reg 43156-86. CEF attestation papers signed 18/10/1915 - next of kin given as Martha Culham of 399 Runnymede Rd in Toronto. In 1915 his occupation was given as electrician. Martha was Culham was Thompson's wife & she was born in England about 1885. In the 1911 census they are togther at 59 McMurray in West Toronto along with daughter Victoria CULHAM, age 1, born in May. Martha's maiden name was Martha HOWE and they were married on 1 Sept 1909 in Toronto.
Ethel May - age 3 in the 1891 census
Maria - age 4 months in the 1891 census
Amy - born 21 Aug1895
There was an Ernest Trueman CULHAM, born in Bruce Co. on 24 June 1899, s/o Robert H. CULHAM & Melissa STINSON
Harriet Clarksons brothers & sisters:
William CLARKSON was born about 1848 in Lambton, Etobicoke twp. and he married Martha Ellen DEATH who was born about 1852 in Etobioke
James CLARKSON was born about 1850 in Toronto twp & he married Charlotte Emily DEATH who was born about 1850 in Etobicoke.
Both DEATH girls were d/o Abel & Lucy. Both marriages were on 11 March 1874 in Etobicoke
James CLARKSON died in 1924, at RR#1 Islington, widower, age 75, b. Ontario on 19 Aug 1849, lived 30 years at pod, s/o William CLARKSON & Sarah TURNER (both b. England), son is George CLARKSON of RR#1 Islington, buried at Park Lawn, d. 31 July , instant death from motor accident. Reg #25238-24 (Peel Co):
Sarah CLARKSON, d/o William & Sarah, married Thomas John JONES on 28 Feb 1882 in Islington. Sarah was born about 1855 in Toronto twp.