Rebecca Shiver was born in March of 1833 in Dooly County, Georgia, the third child of Enoch and Dedemiah (LOVE or NETTLES) SHIVER.
She was married probably about 1852 to Jacob J. SHIVER, the son of Jacob and Mary SHIVER. Jacob and Rebecca were probably married in either Dooly or Baker County, Georgia. This marriage produced 9 children:
- Mary Elizabeth Marjorie, b. Jun 1854, d. 1921. (Married William Green SHIRAH).
- Sarah Emma, b. 29 Jun 1857, d. 8 Jan 1898. (Married Cudge PITTS).
- James Manning, b. Oct 1859. (Married Fannie Roxann IRELAND).
- Martha, b. abt. 1864.
- Dizziemiah, b. abt. 1866.
- Clemmon T., b. Mar 1868, d. 1931. (Married Leila B. WILDER).
- William M., b. 16 Mar 1870, d. 18 Mar 1916. (Married Lizzie PAGE).
- John Wesley "Jack", b.13 Mar 1873, d. 1956. (Married Melissa JONES).
- Nettie R., b. 23 Dec 1875, d. 19 May 1911. (Married Phillip HERRING).
If you can add any information to the above data or have any questions, please contact me. Thank you!
Copyright © 1998-2016 by Mary Kathryn Kozy
Questions or comments?