Loyd Hampton SHIVER
On 1 Jan 1882, in Mitchell County, he married Louisa GANTT. To this couple was born two daughters:
- Ludie, b. 25 Jul 1884, d. 28 Feb 1970. (Married James Frank DANIELL).
- Mamie, b. 22 Feb 1886, d. 25 Feb 1968. (Married Hiram McGAHEE).
Louisa apparently died shortly after Mamie was born, as Loyd married secondly, Elizabeth "Lizzie" LUCKEY on 3 Oct 1886 in Mitchell County, Georgia. This marriage is recorded in the 1878-1888 Mitchell County Marriage Record Book, on page 350. To this marriage was born 8 children:
- Jesse Columbus, b. 2 Feb 1889, d. 17 Sep 1968. (Married Emma Edward COOK). For more information on this line, please contact Lyrice Shiver McCranie.
- Perry Loyd, b. 31 Dec 1890, d. 30 May 1968. (Married Nellie Elma TAYLOR). For more information on this line, please contact Mary Kathryn Kozy.
- Clifford L. (girl), b. 25 Aug 1892, d. 29 Oct 1895.
- Mattie C., b. 31 Aug 1894, d. 19 Mar 1965. (Married Joseph Lee DANIELL).
- Ben Russell, b. 4 Nov 1896, d. 7 Jul 1955. (Married Nina WILLIAMS).
- William Morris, b. 17 Nov 1898, d. 5 Nov 1963. (Married Susie Anna CLENNEY).
- Ruby Clyde, b. 15 Mar 1901, d. 23 Jan 1989. (Married Meredith CULPEPPER).
- Johnnie Seaborn, b. 17 Apr 1903, d. 16 Oct 1985. (Married (1) Lucille BAKER and (2) Maude SETTLES).
Loyd Hampton Shiver succumbed to Bright's Disease on 22 Sep 1903 in Mitchell County, Georgia. He is buried in the Oakview Cemetery in Camilla, Georgia. (Funeral Card) His wife, Lizzie, passed away on 16 Sep 1939 in Camilla. Her obituary is recorded in the Camilla Enterprise of 22 Sep 1939. She is also interred at Oakview Cemetery in Camilla, Mitchell County, Georgia.
If you can add any information to the above data or have any questions, please contact me. Thank you!
Copyright © 1998-2016 by Mary Kathryn Kozy
Questions or comments?