Current Speaking Schedule
13 Feb 2016 (Sat), 10:00am - Susan Woodin Chapter of the DAR, Woodinville. Topic: Google and Its Genealogy Tools.
13 Feb 2016 (Sat), 2:00pm - KCLS Covington Branch, Covington. Topic: Can You Help Me Find My Cousins? Understanding Autosomal DNA.
15 Feb 2016 (Mon), 1:00pm - HQRL Research Library, Sumner. Topic: How and Why to Cite Your Sources.
27 Feb 2016 (Sat), 10:00am - Puget Sound Genealogical Society, Bremerton. Topic: FamilySearch.org.
16 Mar 2016 (Wed), 7:00pm - LDS Family History Center, Auburn. Topic: TBD.
12 Apr 2016 (Tues), 7:00pm - Tacoma Pierce County Genealogical Society, Tacoma. Topic: Can You Help Me Find My Cousins? Understanding Autosomal DNA.
23 Apr 2016 (Sat), 1:00pm - HQRL Research Library, Sumner. Topic: Using Social Media for Genealogy: Why Bother?
28 Apr 2016 (Thurs), 7:00pm - B'nai Shalom (Children of Peace), Mercer Island. Topic: TBD.
16 May 2016 (Mon), 1:00pm - HQRL Research Library, Sumner. Topic: Using FamilySearch Family Tree: Tips & Tricks.
18 May 2016 (Wed), 7:00pm - LDS Family History Center, Auburn. Topic: TBD.
4 Jun 2016 (Sat), 10:00am - David Douglas DAR Chapter, Redmond. Topic: Using Social Media for Genealogy: Why Bother?
11 Jun 2016 (Sat), 1:00pm - HQRL Research Library, Sumner. Topic: TBD.
20 Sep 2016 (Tues), 7:00pm - Lewis County Genealogical Society, Chehalis. Topic: TBD.
Various lectures available:
- Genealogy on the Internet - The Basics
- More Genealogy on the Internet - Beyond the Basics
- Genealogy Gadgets for the 21st Century
- Genealogy Software Programs - Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow
- The Internet and Family History - You've Come a Long Way Baby!
- Google and Its Genealogy Tools
- Using Social Media in Your Family History Research
- Records and Methodology:
- Beginning Genealogy - Where Do I Start?
- Records, Records Everywhere! How Can They Help Me?
- Organizing Your Family History in Order to Stay Sane
- Planning and Preparing for a Research Trip
- Finding and Using Chuch Records
- Naturalization and Ship's Lists
- Tracing People Through Time & Space Using Timelines
- Researching in Historical Newspapers
- Citing Sources and Citations
- FamilySearch Topics:
- Getting to Know FamilySearch.org
- FamilySearch: Family Tree Basics
- FamilySearch: Advanced Family Tree
- FamilySearch Wiki: What a Resource!
- DNA Topics:
- Integrating DNA Information and Genealogy
- Maternal & Paternal Lines: Using Y-DNA and mtDNA in Genealogy
- Can You Help Me Find My Cousins? Using Autosomal DNA
- I've Had My DNA Tested... Now What?
Though I realize it would be a rare society event that would occur on Sunday, I cannot accept a speaking engagement on a Sunday.
Fee range is negotiable. $75 will be charged for established societies. $0-74 will be charged for societies that are new or struggling to become established. Expenses, such as hotel and travel expenses (gas, ferry, etc.), are an additional charge.
I am willing to appear in all regions of Washington State and beyond.
Fee does not include handouts. I will send a master copy set that the society can reproduce for the meeting and then retain the set for their file library.
This site last updated Wednesday, 03-Feb-2016 15:55:45 MST.
Copyright © 1998-2016 by Mary Kathryn Kozy
Questions or comments?