Current Speaking Schedule
14 Nov 2015 (Sat), 10:00am - LDS Family History Fair, Redmond. Topics: Can You Help Me Find My Cousins? Using Autosomal DNA; Using Social Media in Your Family History Research; FamilySearch: Advanced Family Tree; and Naturalizations & Ship's Lists.
18 Nov 2015 (Wed), 7:00pm - LDS Family History Center, Auburn. Topic: Using Autosomal DNA for Genealogical Research.
8 Jan 2016 (Fri), 1:00pm - Eastside Genealogy Society German Interest Group, Bellevue. Topic: Citing and Citations.
16 Jan 2016 (Sat), 10:00am - Jefferson County Genealogical Society, Chimacum. Topic: More FamilySearch!
20 Jan 2016 (Wed), 7:00pm - LDS Family History Center, Auburn. Topic: FamilySearch Wiki: What a Resource!
13 Feb 2016 (Sat), 10:00am - Susan Woodin Chapter of the DAR, Woodinville. Topic: Google and Its Genealogy Tools.
27 Feb 2016 (Sat), 10:00am - Puget Sound Genealogical Society, Bremerton. Topic: FamilySearch.org.
20 Sep 2016 (Tues), 7:00pm - Lewis County Genealogical Society, Chehalis. Topic: TBD.
Various lectures available:
- Genealogy on the Internet - The Basics
- More Genealogy on the Internet - Beyond the Basics
- Genealogy Gadgets for the 21st Century
- Genealogy Software Programs - Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow
- The Internet and Family History - You've Come a Long Way Baby!
- Google and Its Genealogy Tools
- Using Social Media in Your Family History Research
- Records and Methodology:
- Beginning Genealogy - Where Do I Start?
- Records, Records Everywhere! How Can They Help Me?
- Organizing Your Family History in Order to Stay Sane
- Planning and Preparing for a Research Trip
- Finding and Using Chuch Records
- Naturalization and Ship's Lists
- Tracing People Through Time & Space Using Timelines
- Researching in Historical Newspapers
- Citing Sources and Citations
- FamilySearch Topics:
- Getting to Know FamilySearch.org
- FamilySearch: Family Tree Basics
- FamilySearch: Advanced Family Tree
- FamilySearch Wiki: What a Resource!
- DNA Topics:
- Integrating DNA Information and Genealogy
- Maternal & Paternal Lines: Using Y-DNA and mtDNA in Genealogy
- Can You Help Me Find My Cousins? Using Autosomal DNA
- I've Had My DNA Tested... Now What?
Though I realize it would be a rare society event that would occur on Sunday, I cannot accept a speaking engagement on a Sunday.
Fee range is negotiable. $75 will be charged for established societies. $0-74 will be charged for societies that are new or struggling to become established. Expenses, such as hotel and travel expenses (gas, ferry, etc.), are an additional charge.
I am willing to appear in all regions of Washington State and beyond.
Fee does not include handouts. I will send a master copy set that the society can reproduce for the meeting and then retain the set for their file library.
This site last updated Thursday, 05-Nov-2015 18:30:17 MST.
Copyright © 1998-2015 by Mary Kathryn Kozy
Questions or comments?