Descendants of Johann Valentine Horn
Generation No. 1
1. JOHANN VALENTINE6 HORN (CHRISTOPH5, NICLAUSS4, VALENTINIUS3, ZACHARIUS2, LUDWIG1) was born December 13, 1734 in Eichel,Baden, Germany, and died Bef. 1823 in Muskingum Co, Ohio. He married (1) ELIZABETH ?? Abt. 1762. He married (2) CHRISTIANA ALBRIGHT Abt. 1773.
Notes for JOHANN VALENTINE HORN:
Johann Valentin Horn
Born December 13, 1734 - Eichel -- married Christiana Albrect (2nd wife?)
Listed in the National Archives as a MATROSS in Capt Thomas Wyler's Company of the PA Reg of Artillery and Artifacers, a small company formed in 1777 to repair cannon and artillery and to supply George Washington's army in Philadelphia.
1763 - Ist church records show Valentine with wife Elizabeth
1764- child baptized Dec 9, 1764, born to Valentine Horn and wife - Springfield Lutheran
1765-1773 - listed in church records without a wife, with his parents and Sebastian's family
1765 - August 7 - Valentine purchases 60 acres in Springfield Twp. Bucks Co, PA
1770 - April 16, convey tract to Christopher Johnson in fee... called "Wellworth" situated in Springfield Twp. adjacent to the properties of Michael Bishop, Bastian Horn, et all.. containint 92 acres, 36 perches plus 6% allowance for roads
1778 - Oath of Fidelity in Washington Co, MD
1780 - Lived in Washington Co, PA
1791 - Bought land in Londonderry Twp, Bedford Co. PA
1797 - Aug 28: Daniel Horn appted guardian of Daniel Horn and Catherine
Horn, minor children of Sebastian Horn, Widow Mary Horn, Matthias Croy and Mary Horn, Administrators Londonderry Two, Bedford Co, PA
1801 - Valentine and his wife Christina sell land in Londonderry Twp; Deed AA:225 -- Sold to Christian Albright.
1805 - Valentine, Daniel, Mary Horn and Mattias Croy on Tax List of Belmont Co, OH
1823 - Valentine dies in Belmont Co. OH.
1827 - Partition of the estate.
Re Valentine Horn's children: Estate Belmont Co OH Feb 1823.
Partition March 1828. Wife Christiana died in Bedford Co PA.
1. Nandy (Nancy) Horn Kremmer of Knox Co OH
2. DANIEL Horn of Muskingum Co OH (I propose he is mine)
3. Hannah Horn Tipton of Belmont Co OH
4. Susan Horn Bowman of Tenn.
5. Elizabeth Horn Leppley of Maryland
6. Christiana Horn Croy, deceased (mar. Benjamin Croy, bro of
7. Catherine Horn Berry (deceased).
Valentine would have been quite aged (if born Dec. 1734, would have been
about 85 when he died) as even his granddaughters (by daughter Catherine
Berry) had all married by 1823!
Belmont County, Ohio Partition Records
Daniel Berry vs. Nancy Kremmer, etal. Petition for Partition.
Valentine Horn, dec'd. Children: Nancy Kremmer of Knox County, Ohio;
Daniel Horn of Muskingum County, Ohio; Hannah, wife of Thomas Tipton of
Belmont County, Ohio; Susan, wife of Daniel Bowman of Tennessee;
Elizabeth, wife of Adam Lessley of Maryland; Christina, dec'd wife of
Benjamin Croy of Indiana and her unknown heirs who also reside in
Indiana; Catharine, dec'd wife of John Berry, Sr. and her children
Daniel Berry, Thomas Berry, John Berry, Jr., Isaac Berry, Jacob Berry,
Enoch Berry, Delilah wife of Nichols Wells, Elizabeth Carter, Rebecca
McCarroll, and Mary, wife of John Yost, all of Belmont County.
Census Index: Colonial America, 1607-1789
Horn, Ballentine State : MD
County : Washington Co.
Year : 1778
Census type code : Fidelity Oath
Frederick County, Maryland, page 187
HORN, Valentine. Fifer in the Skipton District Militia under Capt. Thomas
Waring on April 16, 1776.
Children of JOHANN HORN and ELIZABETH ?? are:
1. i. SUSANNAH MARGARET7 HORN, b. 1764; d. Tennessee; m. DANIEL BOWMAN, 1784.
2. ii. CATHERINE HORN, b. Abt. 1765.
Children of JOHANN HORN and CHRISTIANA ALBRIGHT are:
3. iii. DANIEL7 HORN, b. February 24, 1774, Uniontown, PA, USA; d. March 22, 1828, Muskingum CO, OH, USA.
4. iv. ELIZABETH HORN, b. July 26, 1780.
5. v. CHISTIANA HORN, b. Bef. 1781; d. Abt. 1816, Muskingum Co, Ohio.
vi. NANCY HORN, b. April 18, 1783; d. March 31, 1872, Knox Co, Ohio; m. JOHN KREMMER, 1803.
6. vii. HANNAH HORN, b. March 11, 1787.
Generation No. 2
2. CATHERINE7 HORN (JOHANN VALENTINE6, CHRISTOPH5, NICLAUSS4, VALENTINIUS3, ZACHARIUS2, LUDWIG1) was born Abt. 1765. She married JOHN EDWARD BERRY.
Children of CATHERINE HORN and JOHN BERRY are:
i. DANIEL8 BERRY.
ii. ISAAC BERRY.
iii. JACOB BERRY.
iv. THOMAS BERRY.
v. ENOCH BERRY.
vi. DELILAH BERRY.
vii. REBECCA BERRY.
viii. MARY BERRY.
ix. SAMUEL BERRY.
3. DANIEL7 HORN (JOHANN VALENTINE6, CHRISTOPH5, NICLAUSS4, VALENTINIUS3, ZACHARIUS2, LUDWIG1) was born February 24, 1774 in Uniontown, PA, USA, and died March 22, 1828 in Muskingum CO, OH, USA. He married SUSANNAH CROY 1795, daughter of MATTHIAS CROY and ??.
Children of DANIEL HORN and SUSANNAH CROY are:
i. CATHERINE8 HORN, b. May 07, 1797, PA, USA; m. JOHN ROBERTS, April 10, 1817, Ohio.
ii. MARY HORN, b. March 13, 1799; m. ADAM PLANCK.
iii. CHRISTENA HORN, b. April 02, 1801, Ohio; m. ROBERT MOORE, June 02, 1829.
iv. JACOB HORN, b. January 26, 1803; m. ELIZABETH RUTTER, 1831.
v. DANIEL HORN, b. September 07, 1805, St. Clairesville OH, USA; d. June 02, 1881, Muskingum CO, OH, USA; m. JANE MARIAH BUSH, March 18, 1824.
vi. SUSANNAH HORN, b. December 13, 1807; m. LEONARD REDDICK, February 12, 1829.
vii. NANCY HORN, b. April 15, 1810; m. PHILLIP COLEMAN, April 12, 1832.
viii. HANNAH HORN, b. June 27, 1812, Muskingum Co, Ohio; d. 1840, Muskingum Co, Ohio; m. JOHN MILLER.
ix. JOHN HORN, b. September 27, 1815.
x. REBECCA HORN, b. September 29, 1818, Muskingum Co, Ohio; d. 1834, Muskingum Co, Ohio.
xi. ELIJAH HORN, b. September 12, 1822; m. HARRIET MOORE, September 28, 1842.
4. ELIZABETH7 HORN (JOHANN VALENTINE6, CHRISTOPH5, NICLAUSS4, VALENTINIUS3, ZACHARIUS2, LUDWIG1) was born July 26, 1780. She married ADAM LEPPLEY.
Children of ELIZABETH HORN and ADAM LEPPLEY are:
i. DANIEL8 LEPPLEY, b. August 12, 1799.
ii. JACOB LEPPLEY, b. June 18, 1801.
iii. VALENTINE LEPPLEY, b. April 23, 1803.
iv. JOHANNAH LEPPLEY, b. February 02, 1805.
v. CATHERINE LEPPLEY, b. September 18, 1807.
vi. SUZANNAH LEPPLEY, b. June 03, 1810.
vii. ADAM LEPPLEY, b. March 05, 1821.
viii. BARBARA LEPPLEY, b. December 26, 1824.
ix. HARMON LEPPLEY, b. December 26, 1824.
5. CHISTIANA7 HORN (JOHANN VALENTINE6, CHRISTOPH5, NICLAUSS4, VALENTINIUS3, ZACHARIUS2, LUDWIG1) was born Bef. 1781, and died Abt. 1816 in Muskingum Co, Ohio. She married BENJAMIN CROY, son of MATTHIAS CROY and ??.
Children of CHISTIANA HORN and BENJAMIN CROY are:
i. MARY8 CROY.
ii. HANNAH CROY.
iii. ISABELLE CROY.
iv. VALENTINE CROY.
v. KATHERINE CROY.
vi. MARGARET CROY.
vii. JOHN B CROY.
viii. ALEXANDER CROY.
6. HANNAH7 HORN (JOHANN VALENTINE6, CHRISTOPH5, NICLAUSS4, VALENTINIUS3, ZACHARIUS2, LUDWIG1) was born March 11, 1787. She married THOMAS TIPTON September 13, 1808 in Belmont Co, OH, USA, son of THOMAS TIPTON and KEZIAH BORAN.
Children of HANNAH HORN and THOMAS TIPTON are:
i. GEORGE8 TIPTON, b. June 02, 1810.
ii. JACOB TIPTON, b. August 14, 1812.
iii. JOSHUA TIPTON, b. March 06, 1815.
iv. JOHN TIPTON, b. June 25, 1817.
v. EPHRAIM TIPTON, b. July 20, 1819; d. February 28, 1894, Mentone, Fulton, Indiana.
vi. JAMES TIPTON, b. June 05, 1822.
vii. MARY TIPTON, b. August 23, 1825.
viii. THOMAS TIPTON, b. December 05, 1828.
Published by Pam Meyer
Meyer Family Homepage