Thanks to documents made available online by the departmental archives of Bas-Rhin, and tips from Michael McLaughlin, Wendel has been found. Updates are reflected in highlighted text.
Vendelin PHILIPPI1 (a.k.a., Wendel Phillippi) was born 25 April 1796 in Reipertswiller, Bas-Rhin, France, died on 18 June 1874 in Morges, Carroll, Ohio, USA, and was buried on 20 June 1874 in Morges, Carroll, Ohio, USA.
Wendel married Magdalena STOLLÉ 30 March 1831 in Lichtenberg, Bas-Rhin, France. They had the following children:
- Pierre (a.k.a., Peter)
- Born 23 March 1832 in Lichtenberg
- Died 13 Sep 1896 in Morges, Carroll, Ohio, USA
- Buried in Morges, Carroll, Ohio, USA
- Married 8 May 1858 in Morges, Carroll, Ohio, USA to Magdalana "Lana" LOCKER
- Marie Elisabeth
- Born 30 May 1834 in Lichtenberg
- Died 25 January 1901 in St. Wendel, Stearns, Minnesota, USA
- Married 13 Jan 1851 in Morges, Carroll, Ohio, USA to Joseph PHILLIPPI
- Born 9 December 1836 in Lichtenberg
- Married 1865 to Sabus "Sebastian" DIERINGER
- Madeleine (a.k.a., Magdalena) "Lana"
- Born 19 April 1839 in Lichtenberg
- Died 18 Sep 1928 in Morges, Carroll, Ohio, USA
- Buried 21 Sep 1928 in Morges, Carroll, Ohio, USA
- Married Jacob DARR
- Jacques (a.k.a., Jacob)
- Born in 24 October 1841 in Lichtenberg.
- Died on 16 Apr 1912.
- Buried on 18 Apr 1912 in Malvern, Ohio, USA
- Married 13 April 1869 in Morges, Carroll, Ohio, USA to Julianna LOCKER
- Mary Ann
- Born 27 Oct 1845 in Ohio, USA
- Married Peter LINDER
- Sophia Rose
- Born 8 Jan 1848 in Ohio, USA
- Died 26 Jun 1897
- Buried in Malvern, Carroll, Ohio, USA
- Married Peter MAURER
- Born August 1875 in Ohio, USA
- In the original French records, "Philippi" is consistenly spelled with one L; however, Wendel consistently signs his name "Phillippi" to these documents, with two Ls.
If you have information about Wendel PHILLIPPI or his wife, Magdalena STOLLE, please and tell me about it. For more PHILLIPPIs, check out my online database.
Return to Mike Schwitzgebel's Genealogy home page