Generation No. 1
JAMES "DR. JIM OR POUND JIM" MULLINS (son of "Revolutionary John" Mullins) was born Abt. 1778 in Burke Co., NC, and died Abt. 1870 in Pike Co., KY. He married (1) POLLY MULLINS, daughter of AMBROSE MULLINS and NANCY MULLINS. He married (2) NANCY MULLINS.
Dr. Jim came to Pound, Russell Co. (now Dickenson Co.,), VA before 1810. He is listed on the 1820 Russell Co., VA census. He settled near the mouth of Cranesnest River where he lived until 1854 when he moved to Pike Co., KY for approximately three years. He then moved to Grassy Creek near the present line between Buchanan and Dickenson Co., where he remained until his death. He was a noted hunter and was widely recognized as an herb doctor. He owned several slaves.
Generation No. 2
2. DIDEMA2 MULLINS (JAMES "DR. JIM OR POUND JIM" MULLINS, JOHN "REVOLUTIONARY JOHN" MULLINS) was born 1828, and died March 1902. She married JOSHUA COLLEY, son of RICHARD COLLEY and CHRISTINA COUNTS.
Joshua Colley served in Company E, 21st Virginia Calvery during the Civil War. He was a farmer and lived on Grassy Creek near the home of his father-in-law.
Children of DIDEMA MULLINS and JOSHUA COLLEY are:
3. JOHN2 MULLINS (JAMES "DR. JIM OR POUND JIM" MULLINS, JOHN "REVOLUTIONARY JOHN" MULLINS). He married MARIAH REED December 25, 1850 in Pike Co., KY, daughter of GEORGE REED and NANCY SKAGGS.
Children of JOHN MULLINS and MARIAH REED are:
4. PRESTON "PRESS"2 MULLINS (JAMES "DR. JIM OR POUND JIM" MULLINS, JOHN "REVOLUTIONARY JOHN" MULLINS) was born 1830, and died 1913. He married (1) SARAH COLLEY, daughter of RICHARD COLLEY and CHRISTINA COUNTS. He married (2) THURSY WALLACE, daughter of WILLIAM WALLACE.
Children of PRESTON MULLINS and SARAH COLLEY are:
Children of PRESTON MULLINS and THURSY WALLACE
5. WILLIAM P. "BILL"2 MULLINS (JAMES "DR. JIM OR POUND JIM" MULLINS1, JOHN "REVOLUTIONARY JOHN" MULLINS) was born 1810 in Pound, Wise Co., VA, and died in Dickenson Co. VA. He married ELIZABETH CULPEPPER JUSTICE March 12, 1832 in Pike Co., KY, daughter of JOHN JUSTICE.
William was a farmer and moved around alot -- one of his descendants described him as "Allus a-movin'." The Mullins Family in Dickenson Co., VA
Children of WILLIAM MULLINS and ELIZABETH JUSTICE are:
6. SOLOMON "POUND SOL"2 MULLINS (JAMES "DR. JIM OR POUND JIM" MULLINS, JOHN "REVOLUTIONARY JOHN" MULLINS) was born 1813 in VA. He married PIETY "PIE" JUSTICE, daughter of JOHN JUSTICE.
Solomon was farmer and lived most of his life near the mouth of the Pound River hence the nickname "Pound Sol." He is buried in the Jerome S. Willis Cemetery near John Flanagan Dam.
Children of SOLOMON MULLINS and PIETY JUSTICE are:
This work may be referenced as "A Short History of Dr. Jim Mullins" compiled and edited by Martha M. Short, 214 Richmond Ave. #B, Rural Retreat, Virginia 24368, 1999.
Although every effort has been made to present accurate information this document may contain mistakes or data that is questionable or unproven, therefore, it is strongly advised by the compiler that researchers only use this data as a beginning reference. This information is periodically updated, edited, corrected, and changed as new information comes to light. Please feel free to notify me of any discrepancies that you find in the data or if you have additional information for inclusion in this website.
This page was last updated on: Wednesday, 26-Jan-2000 12:14:03 MST
Thank you for being our 7978 visitor!
This information is provided for your personal
(non-commercial) use and should not be distributed or reproduced
in any manner without permission.
Copyright © Martha Short, 1999.