Born: 6 Oct 1760 at Wallingford,
New Haven Co., CT.
Died: 5 or 6 Oct 1827 [both dates given] at Lexington, Greene Co., NY.
Buried: Jewett Cemetery at Jewett,
Greene Co., NY.
Married: 26 Mar 1789 at
Stockbridge, Berkshire Co., MA, Ruth SMITH (both were of Stockbridge), b circa 1768, living 15 Sep 1838 (age 70) at Lexington, NY, d 1839.
Rev War: Served as a private in
Capt. Samuel Barker's company, Col. Dougals' regiment, CT Line (widow's pension & DAR Patriot).
Military Rank: Beer's History
of Greene County calls him Maj. William Parker. Basis for the rank is not
Resided: Of Wallingford, CT, during the
Rev War; of Stockbridge, MA; and of Lexington, NY.
William Parker made reference to "family" in his
1818 Rev War
pension application. Children (prob others) of William & Ruth (Smith) Parker:
1. Caleb Parker, b circa 1790 in NY, veteran of War of 1812; m Lucy --?--, b
circa 1800 in NY, living 1880; of Lexington and Jewett, NY, where he was a
1. George Parker, b Feb 1820 at Lexington, NY; m Emeline
FINCH, b May 1832 in NY; of Lexington and Jewett, NY, where he was
a farmer; chn, all b in NY:
1. Mansfield Parker, b circa 1848.
2. Amos Parker, b Apr 1850; m
Roena --?--, b circa 1854 in NY; of Jewett, NY, where he was a farmer; chn, all
b in NY:
Parker, b circa 1876.
Parker, b circa 1877.
Parker, b circa 1879.
3. Theodore Parker, b Feb 1853; m
Huldah --?--, b Oct 1853 in NY; of Lexington, NY, where he was a farmer; chn,
all b in NY:
1. Corydon D.
Parker, b Nov 1873; m Carrie --?--, b Jul 1877 in NY; child:
1. Russell J. Parker, b Sep 1895 in NY.
2. Morgan W.
Parker, b May 1884.
4. Almira Parker, b circa 1854.
5. Emma Parker, b Jun 1859; m Willard DUNHAM, b
Feb 1860 in NY; of Jewett and Lexington, NY, where he was a farmer.
6. Elizabeth Parker, b Jul 1863.
7. George W. Parker, b Jun 1867; m
Grace --?--, b Jul 1878 in NY.
2. Porter Parker, b circa 1822, living 1910
3. Damaris Parker, b circa 1825; m Sylvester TUTTLE, b circa
1840 in NY; of Cairo, Greene Co., NY, where he was a farmer; chn:
1. George Tuttle, b circa 1854 in NY.
2. Lucius Tuttle, b circa 1859 in NY.
4. Milo Parker, b circa 1830, living 1910
("single"); of Jewett, NY, where he was a farmer.
5. Chauncey Parker, b Feb 1833; m Rachel --?--, b Dec 1843 in
NY; of Jewett, NY, where he was a farmer; chn, a b in NY:
1. Emory/Emma Parker (dau? or son?),
born circa 1868.
2. Lewis Parker, b Jul 1869.
3. Isidore Parker (son), b Feb 1882.
6. Mary "Polly" Parker, b circa 1839, living 1920
2. Hannah Parker, b 1795 in NY, d 1859; m 1823 William FINCH; chn:
1. Caroline Finch, b 1826, d 1895; m 1842 James McMenamy, b
circa 1810 in IRL; of Catskill, Greene Co., NY.
Anonymous. 1884. History of Greene County, NY.
DAR Patriot Index - Centennial Edition, page 2233.
DAR Lineage Book, Volume 108, page 282.
SAR Revolutionary War Graves Register.
White. 1992. Genealogical Abstracts of Revolutionary War Pension Files, page 2596.
Revised: January 11, 2004
Back to Top