Provided by Zelda Dubel" <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
My Daniel McGuire family lived in Blairsville and/or Black Lick, Burrell Twp, Indiana Co, PA. References to PA mean Indiana Co, PA. References to SD mean Okobojo, Sully Co, SD. References to VA mean mostly Goochland Co, VA.
Daniel Sr., Daniel Jr., Emma & baby Fannie, and Nelson moved from PA to SD 2 May 1884. Their descendants in SD are known to me. Harriett went to SD for short time but settled in VA, most descendants are known to me. Thomas remained in Indiana Co, PA and descendants reside there today (1999) and are known to me. Jenny (McGuire) Drew's children Bert b ca 1870, Emma b ca 1875, Daniel b,ca 1880 & Charlie b ca 1885; only a few descendants known to me. John's son Frank a M-E minister, known to me, but descendants of two of John's children unknown to me: Grace Pearl McGuire b ca 1881 m Mr. Ruff and Edyth M. McGuire b 1882 m Howard E. Marsden (Marston); believe settled in PA.
This family was found in censuses Burrell Twp, Indiana Co, PA in 1860, 1870 & 1880. Censuses indicate that the parents of Daniel McGuire, Sr. were born in PA; therefore they came to America before the potato famine. Vital statistics and court records in Indiana Co PA are sparce regarding this surname.
Daniel McGUIRE, Sr., b 1816 PA, d 6 May 1892 SD, farmer in PA & SD (parents unknown). Family tradition says his father, name unknown (a Mr. McGuire), served in the War of 1812.
m ca 1845 or 1850 in PA? Isabelle 'Belle' McCORMICK, b 1825 PA, d ca 1895 Sully Co, SD (parents unknown). Family tradition says her father, name unknown (a Mr. McCormick), served in the War of 1812.
1. Jenny McGUIRE, 1st child?, b abt. 1846 PA, d ca 1919? 1929? VA, m Harry DREW, 3 ch.
2. John McGUIRE, 2nd child?, b. abt, 1847 PA, d after 1914 PA, Methodist-Episcopal Minister, m Emily RAGER, 3 ch.
3. Thomas McGUIRE, b 1848 PA, d 1918 PA, m Sara Jane RAGER, worked Loyalhanna Mines, Latrobe, PA 40 years, 5 ch.
4. Belinda 'Linda' McGUIRE, b 1855 PA, d 1930 MN, m George W. RAGER, 1 ch.
5. Daniel McGUIRE, Jr., b 1858 PA, d 1909 SD, m Matilda HOUSTON, 12 ch.
6. Harriett McGUIRE, b 1859 PA, d 1934 VA, m John Alvin LOWERY, 8 ch.
7. (MY ANCESTOR) Emma McGUIRE, b 2 Jan 1863 PA, d 28 Aug 1931 SD. Had dau. Fannie McGUIRE illegitimately in PA 1882. I have been unable to find a birth record in PA for Fannie, or any of these people. Moved from PA to SD 2 May 1884. Emma married 28 Nov 1885 SD Jacob George 'Jake' WEISCHEDEL, b 1861 IA, d 1945 SD. Fannie used the name Fannie Weischedel, probably not legally adopted by Jake Weischedel. Large families. I have all info to present time (1999).
8. Nelson McGUIRE, b 1865 PA, d 1914 SD, unmarried. He had a violin that he or his father made.
9? Catherine McGUIRE, nothing known about her, named in obituary of her sister, probably died young in PA.
No vital statistics were found in Indiana Co PA for these people. There are no vital statistics in Indiana Co PA between 1852 and 1892.
There are tax records in Indiana Co PA for Daniel McGuire but I do not know whether it is Sr. or Jr. I could not locate actual ownership of land. Sr.and Jr. were both farmers.
I searched Indiana Co PA newspapers for all the events mentioned above, including the move to SD but could not find any. I have searched all Sully Co SD newspapers after 2 May 1884. I have all possible SD records.
I searched all PA census records from 1790 to 1880. The 1880 census in Indiana Co PA shows that in the household of Daniel McGUIRE lived his older brother John McGUIRE, b ca 1805, an idiot. I could not locate a birth or death or cemetery record for John and I could not locate records of a home for idiots. I realize he may have been mentally retarded or he may have had a stroke or other disability of short or long duration.
They were Methodists as another son of Daniel McGuire Sr. was John McGuire, a Methodist-Episcopal minister. John was b 1847 or 1854, d before 1914 and m Emily "Emma" Rager. They had a son Frank McGUIRE, b 1876, d 1925 who was also a Methodist-Episcopal minister. I mention this because it is doubtful that this family would be found among Catholic records or cemeteries. If a naming pattern is a clue to Daniel Sr.'s father, my best guess would be Thomas or John. If Daniel Sr.'s father fought in the War of 1812, he would have been born circa 1785.
Regarding Daniel Sr.'s wife Isabelle McCormick, I have never found any reference to her in censuses nor in McCormick genealogies. If her father fought in the War of 1812, he would have been born circa 1785.
My line of descent is as follows:
1st generation: Mr. McGuire, War of 1812, b PA ref son's census, nothing else known.
2nd generation: Daniel McGuire (1816-1892) m Isabelle McCormick (1825-1894),both born PA, resided Black Lick or Blairsville or Burrell Co, Indiana Co PA. Daniel had brother John McGuire b 1805.
Isabelle's father Mr. McCormick, War of 1812, born PA ref daughter's census, nothing else known.
3rd generation: Emma McGuire (1863-1931), she born Indiana Co PA, moved to SD 1883, married Jake Weischedel (1861-1945)
4th generation: Fannie McGuire (1883-1963), she was born in Indiana Co PA, moved to SD 1883; married Alex Brehe (1870-1955)
5th generation: Vina Ruth Brehe (1902-1995), she was born in SD, married Herman Zeuge
6th generation: Zelda Mae Zeuge (living), born in SD