Ohio Miami Valley Memories
Welcome to the web page for the OH-MV-MEMORIES-L@rootsweb.com mailing list! This list was created to serve as a venue for discussing memories, reminiscences, glories and gossip about the Miami Valley.
This list is a 'sister' list to the MONTGOMERY_CO_OH-L@rootsweb.com, a mailing list for the exchange of genealogical and historical information in Montgomery County, Ohio.
To join either list, click on the highlighted list name above. This should open your e-mail program. Send your e-mail with the word SUBSCRIBE in the subject line and in the body of the message. You will be subscribed to the selected list with the e-mail address you are using. DON'T add anything else to the message. The subscription services are handled by an 'automatic' mail server that becomes confused easily. To leave the list, do the same thing with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject line and in the body of the message. The 'automated' mail server will unsubscribe the e-mail address you are sending from.
If you have a problem, contact the list administrator. Use the 'email@example.com address for any Rootsweb mailing list. In this case it would be OH-MV-MEMORIESfirstname.lastname@example.org, or MONTGOMERY_CO_OHemail@example.com.
All Rootsweb mailing lists are archived. That means each and every message that is sent to the list will be saved AND that each and every message can be found. Go to the main Rootsweb page, www.rootsweb.com, to start. The mailing list section lists both type of searches. Try them both. Try other lists.
1. NO FLAMES
2. NO SPAM
3. NO ADVERTISING
* Send all messages in plain text. No fancy stationery, no html. It won't work. Your message will not go to the list.
* CHANGE THE SUBJECT LINE to match your message. Some people ONLY look at the subject line and delete messages without reading them. Use the subject line to your advantage when posting messages. Never leave it blank - the mail server gets confused easily.
* REPLYING Don't reply and include the entire message you are replying to - it's redundant. See the section about archiving above. You CAN cut and paste sections of a message if you need to refer to it in your reply. LOOK to see who you are replying to - whether it is the entire list or just the person who posted the last message.
* BE KIND Remember, everyone is a beginner at some point. Just because something is clear to you, does not mean it will be clear to everyone. This list is a 'group' working together. Consideration must be the rule.
* AUP Please read the Rootsweb Acceptable Use Policy at http://www.rootsweb.com/aup.html.
** ENJOY This list was created so we could share all our memories about the Miami Valley. The previous rules and guidelines exist only so this is possible for everyone.
1864 Arithmetic - can you do the math?
Pamela Paddock Arnold
Copyright 2002-2004 All Rights Reserved
10/18/2003 01:12:02 AM