Paulina SCHENK 1
- Born: 1 May 1882, Utica, Yankton Co., South Dakota
- Marriage (1): William SPITZER on 23 July 1906 in Ashley, McIntosh Co., North Dakota
- Marriage (2): Dr. Fred LINNENBUERGER in 1932
- Died: October 1955, Menno, Hutchinson Co., South Dakota at age 73
- Buried: Lutheran Cemetery, Ashley, McIntosh Co., North Dakota
She was able to raise the children after the death of her husband, because he had purchased a $10, 000 life insurance policy shortly before he died. In fact, he had not wanted to buy the insurance, but the salesman said he would pay the first month's premium for him. It is believed that he died within the month. Also, when the children were old enough to work, they gave their earnings to her to help meet living expenses. (From a conversation with Viola (Spitzer) Wiedmann, July 23,1998 at her home in Ashley, North Dakota)
Paulina married William SPITZER, son of Johannes SPITZER and Elizabeth GOEBEL, on 23 July 1906 in Ashley, McIntosh Co., North Dakota. (William SPITZER was born on 21 August 1883 in Bergdorf, Bessarabia, Russia 2, christened on 16 October 1883, died on 2 June 1920 in Bismarck, Burleigh Co., North Dakota and was buried in Lutheran Cemetery, Ashley, McIntosh Co., North Dakota.) The cause of his death was Ruptured Appendix.
Paulina next married Dr. Fred LINNENBUERGER in 1932.