What's on MY Treo
I have traded my Treo 600 for a Treo 650 (the 600 had been dropped or bumped
once too often and had severe problems). Below is what I had on the 600 when I
last used it. You can also see What's on my Treo 650.
Programs I have installed and use
(The price in Bold is the purchase option I am using if
- BackupMan - ($10.00)
- backup your treo to your sd card! This program saved me the very next day
after installing it!
- Chatter - ($25.00)
- email program that does true push with imap servers!
- INoah - ($19.95 or limited use
unregistered) Wireless Dictionary
- IPedia - ($29.95 or limited use
unregistered) Wireless Encyclopedia
- PdaNet - ($34.00)
- Use your Treo as a modem
- pTunes - ($14.95 - $27.95 or
free when you register your treo) - MP3 player (requires a mmc or sd
- Splash Shopper -
(Came preinstalled, PC interface $29.95) shopping list manager
Stuff I am considering/evaluating
My top five recommends - What I'd most hate to lose!
No longer in use
- Card Export -
Mount your MMC/SD card as a drive on your computer - It expired, and rather than buy it, I
got a free card reader from Tiger Direct ($19.99 w/ $20 rebate) and now I can mount my camera card too.
Graph - monitor battery levels - neat, but it just wasn't worth the
memory and upload time needed
- birthday reminder - couldn't get it to work
- My Car
- log maintenance info about your car - I found I didn't use it
- audio recorder - replaced by SoundRec which is free and has better
- Omni Remote - Use
your palm as a remote control - My IR port just doesn't have the range
to make this usefull
Day - display image on unlock, etc. - couldn't get it to work
- Profeo 600
Lite v0.9.2 - profile manager - I didn't need it
LightControl v0.9 - Light controler - I didn't need it
- camera settings program - not needed now that I have pickem
- Radio Control - Control
the phone/data transmitter/receiver - Now using TreoHelper instead
- TrackerDog - version tracker
- I just didn't find it as usefull as I thought I would
Hardware (What's plugged into my Treo!)
- Lexar 1 GB SD card - $69.95 from Tiger
Direct - Tiger Direct is a great place for electronics such as this. You
should watch for sales, but they do have good prices normaly.
- 2 in 1 Retractable Adapter Headset for Treo 600 - $34.95 from Seidio
- Yes, it sounds expensive, but with this, I use any pair of headphones I
want for both phone and audio. No little adapter plug needed. Great sound
quality. It is worth it to me!
- Belt Clip Holster - $24.95 from ProClip
- No more leather case that I have to constantly remove to use. This unit
lets me keep the 600 on my belt with only the back exposed, but leaves it
uncovered when I want to use it.
What's on other people's Treo
Usefull Treo and Palm sites
My Palm Portal site
This page has been accessed
times since 18 Dec 2004.
Wednesday, 21-Feb-2007 00:27:03 MST
Page maintained by Scott McGee (Scott@TheMcGees.org).
Copyright © 2004,
by Scott McGee, All Rights Reserved.