Messages gleaned from the RootsWeb Islay Mailing List
McINTYRE b. 1771 Islay (d. Jan 1856 Ontario) married John McQUEEN b. Islay (d. 1833
Ontario on arrival to Canada).
John and Mary had 6 children born on Islay:
1. Neil McQUEEN b.1792 (d.1848) m. Margaret PATTERSON bef. 1831 on Islay. They had 10 children.
2. Flora McQUEEN b.1798 (d.1878) m. Alexander McKECKNIE (1792-1866). They had 2 children, Mary and John.
3. Isabella McQUEEN b.1800 (d.1888) m. William BLAIR. They had 5 children.
4. John Jr. McQUEEN b.1812 (d.1890) m. Mary CAMPBELL (1819-1899). They had 8 children.
5. James McQUEEN b. 1811 (d.1885) m. Christena McCANNELL. They had 3 children.
6. Donald McQUEEN b. 1814 (d.1885) m. Catherine McARTHUR. They had 3 children.
This certificate was given to John McQueen when he left Scotland and is still in possession of the family:
"These certify that the bearer John McQueen and his wife have lived in the parish for a number of years during which time they conducted themselves in sober, ineffensive manner and leave this place with inexceptional reputations. Signed James Pearson, Minister and Charles McInnes, Elder. Kilmenny, 6th of June 1833" Would be pleased to share and compare information. Shelley Hilton
1.27.99 Sarah Marion BUIE
b.1807 Sannaig, Jura (d.Ontario) married on Islay, Dec. 30, 1828 to Donald McALLISTER b.
abt.1805, Kilmeny, Islay (d. Ontario).
Sarah and Donald had 10 children, most baptised Sannaig, Jura:
1. Dugald McALLISTER b. June 14, 1829
2. John McALLISTER b. July 10, 1831
3. Ann McALLISTER b. June 20, 1833 m. ? WILSON
4. Isabelle (Belle) McALLISTER b. Apr. 24, 1836 m. Henry ZEGGIL 1858 in Ontario.
5. Duncan McALLISTER b. June 24, 1840 (died as infant)
6. Robert McALLISTER b. Jan 30, 1842
7. Duncan McALLISTER b. July 6, 1844
8. Donald Jr. McALLISTER b. Mar 3, 1848 m. Bertha KNAPP 1886 in Michigan.
9. Archibald McALLISTER b. abt. 1850
10. Hector McALLISTER b. abt. 1852
We believe that the family came to Canada 1852-1854? Would be pleased to share and compare information. Shelley Hilton
1.29.99 Seeking descendants of Angus Carmichael and Catherine Fraser married 1863 Kilarrow. 11 children. Family lived at Foreland and Greenock for a time. Likely all children went to Glasgow for work. Angus only son John Carmichael (born Kilmeny to Joseph Carmichael and Rachel Williamson) and Catherine McAulay. Second marriage for both. Catherine's first husband probably a Campbell. If any of this strikes a chord with you please contact Debra Carmichael