Genealogy information for the genealogical researcher. Research centered in Berkeley, Charleston and Dorchester Counties of South Carolina. Research includes census reports, cemetery reports, will abstracts, genealogy helps and more.
St. Andrews Church Cemetery Records
Copyright © 2002 SCTC. All Rights Reserved
|Berkeley County, SC||Charleston County, SC||Dorchester County, SC
In Association with The Genealogy Attic
St. Andrews Church was built in 1707, enlarged in 1723, burned, rebuilt in 1764.
The oldest stone is dated 1715. The cemetery is still used.
- Joseph Williams died the 1st September Ann: 1768, age 65 years.
- Elizabeth his wife who died after a long and painful illness the 18th June Ann:1796, aged 70 years.
- Roger Moore Smith who departed this life 6th July, 1808, aged 37 years and eleven months.
- Daniel Kirkpatrick who departed this life on the 2d of June, 1829, aged 58 years 9 months and 17 days.
- Jane Spears, his wife, died July 30, 1844, aged 59 years.
- Evan W. Calvitte, died June 6th 1838 aged 47 years.
- Mary Ann Calvite, his consort, died November 29th, 1840, aged 27 years and 2 months.
- Fredrick W. Calvitte, died October 1st, 1832, aged 2 years and 5 months.
- Rebecca Ann Calvitte, died June, 1839, aged 9 months
... Inside a low brick wall ...
- William Heriot, son of Robert & Maria K. Heriot. He departed this life 4 January, 1841, aged 24 years, 8 months and 16 days.
- Colonal Moultrie Johnson Clement, 1855 - 1916
- Lucia Talinferro Taylor Clement, His wife, 1862 - 1917
- John Pinckney Clement, 1809 - 1870
- Isabelle Mortimer Clement, his wife, 1813 - 1884
- Sarah E. Bonneau, (Stone Buried too deep)
- Pinckney, son of Dr. J.M. & E.R Meggett, died October 25, 1873, aged 3 years, 9 months, 21days.
- Little Jimmie, son of Dr. J.M. & E.R. Meggett who departed this life on the 9th of January, 1863, aged 1 year, 9 months and 16 days.
...Inside an iron fence...
- P.F. Mathews (carved on stone used as a threshold at gateway to iron fence. No stone inside.)
- Maham Haig. born Nov 10, 1887. Died Sept 24, 1884, Charleston, SC
- Mrs. Sarah Green Fuller, Daughter of the late Robert Porteous of Beaufort and Relict of the late Benjamin Fuller Senr. of this Parish. Born 20 April, 1778. Died 17th April, 1850, in the 72nd year of her age
- Benjamin Fuller, who died on the 4th Cot., 1832, aged 56 years, 7 mts & 21 days, and of his two infant children
- Jane Porteous, born on the 25th July, 1807, died on the 26th June, 1811 and
- John Alexander, born on the 28th August, 1815, died on the 21st August, 1817
- Catherine O'hear, consort of Dr. John S. O'Hear, who died on the 27th December 1835, aged 23 years, 6 months & 20 days
- Mrs. Ann Blake Fuller, consort of Benj. Fuller Jr. who died 7 Oct., 1831, ao 25 years, 1 mos.
- Benjamin Fuller Jr., Born in Coomawhatchie, SC Apr. 8, 1804, died in Charleston, SC Feby. 10, 1873
Horeland (On the same stone with the above.)
- Sarah G. Horeland, Daughter of Benj. and Caroline Fuller, born Oct 30, 1844. Died Jan 29, 1917
...Within An Enclosure...
- Edward W. Clement, who was born 16th Sep. 1800, obit the 30th Sep, 1836, also his three children.
- Emma Eliza was born 17th Oct, 1830, obit 5th Oct, 1836
- Martha Savage was born 3rd Jan 1833, obit 7th Oct, 1836
- Edward Wilkinson was born 14th Feb, 1835, obit 3rd Feb. 1838
- Andrew Moreland, born in County Down, Ireland, Oct. 22, 1789. Died Feb. 16th, 1863
- Susan C. Moreland, beloved wife of Andrew Moreland, born Dec. 6, 1807, died Oct 27, 1904
- Ellen L. Moreland, daughter of Susan C. and Andrew Moreland, born Dec 3, 1829. Died Jan 1, 1913.
- Barnwell Frost Sams, son of Dr. D.D. & M.E.H. Sams, Born May 11th, 1862, died June 22nd, 1863
- Donald D. Sams, M.D. born April 7, 1820. Died April 13, 1898
- Mary Elizabeth H. Sames, beloved wife of Dr. Donald D. Sams, born Feb. 3, 1833. Died May 6, 1901
- Franlink Frost Sams, M.D., born October 25, 1867, died November 2, 1937
The large tomb below has a coat of arms, a mailed fist holding a short sword
- Mary C. Roach, our beloved mother, wife of William Roach, who died May 26th, 1868, aged 58 years, 6 months and 27 days
- William Roach who departed this life on the 10th of September, 1838, aged thirty eight years, 11 months and 17 days.
- Here lyes the Body of Mrs. Elizabeth Nairn, who dyed the 9th day of March 1720, aged 63 years. She was the eldest daughter of the learned and religious divine, Robert Edward A.M. of Dundie and Minister of Murront. She was married first to Henry Quintine by whom she had one son Henry who dyed in the service of his country in the year 1716 and two daughters Mary and Posthuma; Her second husband, was Thomas Nairn, Judge of the Vice Admiralty of this Province, who was barbarously murthered by the Indians, whilst he was treating with them in the year 1715, and by him she had one son Thomas.
- Here lyeth the body of Thomas Nairn born ye 15th of January 1697 and dyed ye 30 of Novemr 1715.
- Charlotta Drayton, daughter of the Honourable William Bull Esq. Leiutenant Governour of South Carolina, and Mary his wife. She was marryed to John Drayton Esquire by whom she had two sons, William & Charles. On the 30th day of December A.D. 1743 in the 23rd years of her age, she died. Sacred to the memory of her conjugal virtues & merit, this marble is erected by her afflicted husband.
- Randal B. Robinson, born August 31st, 1874, died May 19th, 1929
- Susan Hunter Robinson, died the 27th March 1854, aged 22 years.
- Randal Robinson, died the 2nd March, 1854, aged 69 years.
- Ernest, son of Ruth & Ollie Flood, born July 25, 1923, Died Apr. 15, 1926
- Baby Girl Holden, Died May 23, 1933
- John Dowling Byrnes, died December 17th, 1932, aged 57 years
Bissell (Inside iron fence with Simon Magwood, below)
- Glorvina, consort of Henry C. Bissell, died 20th February, 1837, aged...(buried to deep to read)
- Emma Carroll, who died Jan. 23, 1839, aged 4 years 26 days, and of her infant sister who died Nov 10th, 1835, daughters of B.R. and Eliza A. Carrol.
- Joseph F. Bee, born May 22nd, 1800, Died August 20th 1851, aged 30 years, 2 months and 29 days
- Isabella Pinckney Moreland, Died on the 22nd Feb., 1841, aged 4 years and 5 months
- Julia Emeline Moreland, Died on the 21st May 1854, aged 11 years, 2 months
- Susan Helen Moreland, who departed this life August 9th, 1838
- Elizabeth Holman Moreland, departed this life on 3d November, 1820, aged 18 months
Inside Iron Fence
- James Magwood, a native of the county of Armagh, Ireland, he departed this life Oct. 30th Ann. Dom. 1829, aged 27 years
- Simon Magwood, a native or Armagh, County of Monaghan, Ireland. He died after a life of eminent usefulness on the 4th day of August, 1886, in the 73rd years of his age, also
- Mary Elizabeth Magwood, consort of Simon Magwood who departed this life on the 1st day of February, 1833, in the 63rd year of her age
- Mary Elliott, wife of Benjn. Elliott Esq., who died the 3d Novr., 1769. Age 30.
These documents are made available free to the public for non-commercial purposes by the South Carolina TriCounty Genealogy Site.
This website may be freely linked to but not duplicated in any way without my written consent.