- Churchyard/Orr Family Museum - One family's extensive genealogy, which includes the du Trieux line (through Maria) and many early Dutch settlers.
- Cindy Torres Owens' Family Pages - On the FTM site - lots of Truaxs.
- Genealogy in Pat Patterson's Pages
- Truax & Family genealogy - New York / Minnesota line.
- Truax Family Genealogy - Those false 'Truitt - Truaxs' from Texas.
- Truax Families - New Jersey / Pennsylvania / Ohio lines.
- Lester Family Genealogy - New York / Quebec line.
- Ancestry.com - Some incredibly useful documents for researching American roots, including 17th cent. immigrants, early marriage records and Social Security death records. They're adding new databases at an astonishing rate, including more and more Canadian records. Some are free, but those that aren't are well worth the price of a membership.
- Cyndi's List of Genealogy Sites on the Internet - By far the most complete listing of genealogy links on the Net.
- FamilySearch Internet Genealogy Service - Absolutely essential site, provided by the Church of Latter Day Saints. Be sure to read the instructions to get the most out of searching the IGI.
- GenConnect - An excellent system of genealogy message and query boards, mostly arranged by geographic area. You can read, search and post messages, and even get notified by email if somebody responds.
- GENDEX -- WWW Genealogical Index - One of the better surname search engines - this one gives you real information and links to actual lineages (be warned - most of those Truaxs are from my website).
- GenForum - Another genealogy message board, catagorized by region, surname or area of interest. Quite active.
- Global Genealogical Supply - Imagine my delight when I discovered that these folks are located right down the street from me! Incredible selection of genealogy books, CDs (including the complete Family Tree Maker collection), and assorted stuff.
- RootsWeb Genealogical Data Cooperative - A terrific place to find people who are researching the same names as you are, plus links to all their local state, province and county sites, a documents archives, and lots and lots more.
- Census Online - A listing of available online census records and indexes for the U.S. and Canada.
- The Olive Tree Genealogy Pages - An amazing collection of historical information, family trees and databases, mostly centred around early Dutch and Walloon settlement, and Loyalist history and genealogy.
- Index to the 1871 Census of Ontario - National Archives of Canada - Incredibly useful index to the comprehensive 1871 Census.
- OCFA - The Ontario Cemetery Finding Aid - Genealogy - A searchable index of hundreds of Ontario cemeteries and the folks buried there.
- Eastern Townships of Quebec Genealogy - Marlene Simmons is a professional genealogist, but she's got lots of general information here, plus a list of the many resources she can check for you for a fee. She now has her database index searchable online, so you can check to see if she might have more on your ancestors.
Vital Events Indexes - BC Archives - An index to birth, marriage and death registrations in British Columbia.New York:
- The Dutch in New Amsterdam - Includes early Reformed Dutch Church baptismal records. Check the Olive Tree for marriage and other records
- 1870 Census - Michigan - Actual scanned images of the census pages for all of Michigan, indexed and searchable by heads of households, county, etc.
- Genealogical Death Indexing System - Searchable database of Michigan death records.
This website was created by Jennifer Smith and Mike Truax for
The Association of Philippe du Trieux Descendants.
Questions or Comments should be addressed to Jennifer Smith.