Walshes of England |
Walsh Coats of Arms
~ ~ Walsh Coat of Arms ~ ~
Walsh of Worcestershire
Walsh of Sheldesley, co. Worcester
Walshe of Abberley, co. Worcester
Walsh of Wormeleighton
Walshe of Shaldesley and Beardley, co. Worcester
and of Wormesley, co. Hereford
The other early Walsh possessions in England were in Worcester, at Abberley and Sheldesly (Shelsley), and branches of this family were also apparent in Warwickshire. In The Heraldry of Worcestershire
(by Henry Sydney Grazebrook), the family is described of Shelsely, Abberley, Redmarley, and Stockton (Warwickshire); and of Walsh Hall, in Meriden (Warwickshire)
. The Worcester history appears to start with a Johannes Walensis who held lands in Shelsley circa 1211. Henry le Waleys held half a fee in Sheldesleye in 1287. Henry le Waleys held the hamlet of Scheldesleghe in 1 Edward II (1307-08). Descendants of Henry's family included Thomas Walsh, chief baron of the exchequer, who went to Ireland in Henry VIII's time. His brother Walter (Welshe) was of Henry VII's household, and it was he who arrested Cardinal Wolsey. William Walsh (1663-1708) the poet-critic, and friend of Alexander Pope, was of the same family. One may suspect that Thomas Walsh installed some of his family in Ireland (he had no sons) as all other important English officials did. The arms of the family, attributed to Henry Walsh in the time of Henry III, are the same as those of Walsh of Ballykilcavan in Queens County Ireland, as well as Philip of Wigorn (Worcester), "a fess between six martlets".
[source: Walsh 1170-1690; by J.C. Walsh]
In 1086 the area was included in the lands of Osbern Fitz Richard of Richards Castle. At this time the manor contained a Fishery rendering 16 " Stitches" of Eels. The Walshes, (from whom the hamlet takes its name) first appear in 1211-12 (RBE
) when John Walensis (called le Waleys in 1235) was holding half a fee in Shelsley. St. Andrews church nestles here under high wooded hills, surrounded by orchards and black and white cottages. Access is up the private conifer lined drive to the Court House. A small, mainly 12th century church is built of travertine, quarried from nearby Southstone Rock. The interior is one of the most beautiful in all of Worcestershire. The nave and chancel are divided by a 15th century oak screen that cannot be bettered anywhere in the county. A major restoration was done in 1859 by the London-based architect George Truefitt. By 1908, most of Truefitt's work had been removed or destroyed for which no explanation can be found. In 1975 a report suggested further restoration work was needed. It was completed by 1980. Roof timbers are quite an impressive feature of the church, while the plank ceiling of the chancel is decorated with painted gold stars. In the corner of the Sanctuary is a rare wooden tomb to Sir Francis Walsh who died in 1596. The panels are painted with the Walsh Coat of Arms. Today, perhaps Shelsley Walsh's main claim to fame lies with the famous hill climb.
In "The heraldry of Worcestershire
", by Henry Sydney Grazebrook, he cites the first Walsh, of Shelsley, appears to have been Sir Henry le Waleys, who flourished in the reign of Edward I., and was patron of the church in 1300. Next occurs William, in 1313; and Henry, in 1333. John Walsh, of Shelsley-Walsh, grandson of Henry, married temp. Henry VI., Joan, daughter and heiress of John Wyard, of Aspath, co. Warwick, and was grandfather of John Walsh, of Shelsley, who by Margaret, his wife, daughter of John Blount, of Sodington, had four sons : John, of Shelsley; Thomas Walsh, Baron of the Exchequer (whose son Thomas was lord of Stockton); Edwin Walsh, rector of Holt; and Walter Walsh, ancestor of the Abberley branch. John Walsh, of Shelsley, the eldest son (above
), had issue a son Francis, who was of Shelsley at the Visitation of 1569, and then had an eldest son, Richard, aged twelve. This Richard, who was afterwards knighted, was the last Walsh of Shelsley; he was lord of Aspath (now called Meriden), co. Warwick. and high Sheriff of Worcestershire at he time of the Gunpowder Plot. By Katherine, his wife, daughter of Sire Thomas Porter, he had issue two daughters and co-heiresses, viz., Anne, married to Sir Thomas Bromley, of Holt; and Joice, wife of Sir Roland Cotton, of Bellaport. Walter Walsh, the youngest son of John and Margaret, was Groom of the Privy Chamber to King Henry VIII., and twice served the office of Sheriff of Worcestershire. To him the king granted the manor of Abberley. He had issue Walter Walsh, whose son, Sir William Walsh, dying without issue, left Abberley to William Walsh, the son of his brother Walter, whose son Joseph was aged "about sixteen" at the Visitation of 1634, and died in 1682, aged sixty-three, having had issue William Walsh, the once celebrated poet and critic, on whose death, without issue, in 1707, the Abberley estates passed to his sister and co-heiress, Anne, wife of Francis Bromley (younger son of Henry Bromley, and grandson of Sir Thomas Bromley who married the co-heiress of Walsh, of Shelsley).
A pedigree of the Walsh family was recorded at the Visitations (of Worcestershire) in 1569, 1634, and 1682-3.
- SHELSLEY WALSH appears in Domesday Book as Caldeslei, meaning Sceld's Old English leah "settlement in a wooded area". The term Sheldesly or Sheldesley was later applied, and eventually became Shelsley.
- The Walshes, from whom the hamlet of Shelsley Walsh takes its name, first appear in 1211-12 (Red Book of the Exchequer
) when Johannes Walensis (called le Waleys in 1235 Fees), was holding half a fee in Shelsley. It is also known as Little Shelsley.
[English Place-Name Society, v.4, 1924]
- In 1216, the Rotuli de Finbus
records the name of Johannes Walensis in Skeldeslee in Wigorn' (Worcester). [Rotuli de Oblatís et fíníbus in Turri Londinensi Asservati, tempore Regís Johannis; 1835]
- The arms of a William le Waleys (Willem le Waleis) are given in St George's Roll (E538) as "Argent a fess between six martlets sable," sometimes attributed to William of Sheldesley-Walsh and dated perhaps sometime before 1296. One reference suggests a William le Waleis bore these arms in the time of Henry II (before 1273). [latter source: Some Feudal Coats of Arms from Heraldic Rolls 1298-1418, by Joseph Foster]
- In an inquisition dated 6 Edward I (1278), regarding the road to the Prior's House at Worcester, the names Thomas le Waleys and Roger de Scheldeleye (Shelsey) are mentioned. [sourceThe Inquisitiones post mortem for the County of Worcester]
- In 14 Edward I (1286), Henrly le Waleys was a witness at an inquisition regarding the extent of lands which belonged to Sir William de Monte Caniso, at Sheldele Beaumchamp. [source: The Inquisitiones post mortem for the County of Worcester]
- In November 1287 (15 Edward I), Henry le Waleys held half a knight's fee in Sheldesleye (Sheldesley Beuachamp), and it is worth 100s
; and there is there the advowson of a church, worth 5 marks. He held of Roger de Mortuo Mari (Mortimer). [source: Calendar of the Close Rolls; 1279-1288; and also The Inquisitiones post mortem for the County of Worcester]
- About the year 1300, Sir Henry le Waleys was patron of the church at Sheldesley. [source: The heraldry of Worcestershire]
- In an inquisition dated 12 June, 1 Edward II (1307-08), Henry le Waleys held the hamlet of Scheldesleghe by one-quarter knight's fee, of the heirs of Hugh de Mortuo Mari (de Mortimer) of Richards Castle. William his son, aged 40, is his next heir. [source: Calendar of Inquisitions Post Mortem]
- In 1 Edward II (1307-08), Henry le Waleys, and then William le Waleys, are noted holding a one-quarter knight's fee for (the manor of) Sheldesley Waleis, Worcester. [sources: Calendar of Inquisitions Post Mortem]
- The coat of arms, "argent, a fesse between six martlets sable
" were those borne, temp. Edward I, by Will. le Waleis. [source: The heraldry of Worcestershire, by Henry Sydney Grazebrook]
- The arms of a William le Waleys (Willem le Waleis) are given in St George's Roll (E538) as "Argent a fess between six martlets sable
- In 4 Edward II (ca. 1310-11), is a grant, at the instance of John de Wysham, to William le Waleys, and his heirs, of free warren in all their demesne lands in Sheldesleye and Clifton, co. Worcester.
- The Parliamentary History of the County of Worcester
shows William le Galeis as an M.P. for Worcestershire in 1312. It suggests William le Galeis was perhaps Wm. de Waley, M.P. for Salop in 1324. It cites, "the name afterwards becaome Walsh."
- In May 1331 is a grant to William le Waleys, and his heirs, of free warren in all their demesne lands in Sheldesleye and Clifton, co. Worcester. [source: Cal. of the Charter Rolls]
- Sir John le Waleys had been sheriff of Warwickshire and Leicestershire for the year beginning in October 1343, as documented in a charter with Thomas Beauchamp. The same is reflected in The Fourteenth-century Sheriff
, by Richard Gorski.
- In 1344, a John Waleys was escheator of Warwick and Leicester. [source: Calendar of the Close Rolls]
- In the fees of Worcester, dated 1346, in the Hundred of Dodyntyre, Henrico de Huggelegh, pro di. f., Sheldesleye Waleys, quod Henricus le Waleys quondam tenuit, sicut continetur etc. A John Wyard held at Curewyard in that hundred. [Inquisitions and Assessments Relating to Feudal Aids]
- In a charter in May 1364 is a power of attorney from Richard Herthuile, mil., to John Wodehous, clericus, and Richard de Leycestre, to deliver seisin to Giles, his son, and Katerine, his wife, daughter of John le Walsshe, lord of Sheldesleye, of his manor of Myddleton (Middleton-by-Youlgrave). [source: Descriptive catalogue of Derbyshire charters in public and private libraries; 1906]
- Richard, son and heir of John Walssh, a minor. Writ of Devenerunt, 21 April, 6 Richard II (1382-83). Inquisition taken at Worcester, Tuesday the feast of St. Augustine the Bishop, 6 Richard II. He held in his demesne as of fee the under-mentioned manor, which came to the king's hand by the death of John Walsshe, his father, and by reason of the minority of the under-mentioned heir of Gilbert Talbot, and is still in the king's hand. Sheldesleye Walsshe. The manor (extent given), held of the heir of Gilbert Talbot of Richardescastel, a minor in the king's wardship, service not known. [source: Calendar of inquisitions post mortem, v. 15, p. 338, 1970]
- An inquisition dated 30 April 1394 (17 Richard II) mentions witnesses which included Johanne Wasseborne un Vicecomite Wygorn, Willielmo de Wasseborne, Percivallo Walshe seniore, William Musard & Thoma Walssh de Sheldesley Walssh, et alijs. [source: The visitation of Herefordshire, 1634, v. 15]
- John Walsh of Shelsley married Joan, daughter and heiress of Sir John Wyard, of Alspath, or Meriden, Warwickshire, Lord Mayor of London in 1375. [source: Worcestershore, v. II, Nash]
- In an inquisition of 1428, Johannes Walssh is listed as tenet di. f. m. in Sheldesleye Waleys. An inquisition of 1431 lists Johannes Waleys, armiger, de Shellesley in comitatu Wygornie, tenent manerium de Shellesley [Waleys] per servicium quarte partis. j. f. m. [source: Inquisitions and Assessments Relating to Feudal Aids... A.D. 1284-1431; publ. 1908]
- JIn 1431, John Walsh and Sir Thomas Burdet, of Arrow, jointly held 1/4 fee in Luddington, co. Warwick. [source: The Victoria history of the county of Warwick. v. 4, 1945]
- In 1464 the will of John Walshe esquyer, of Chestnut, Herts.; London; and Worcester was proven at the Prerogative Court in Canterbury.
- In 1532-33, an Acte concening the Assurance of certain lands unto Walter Wallsh and Dame Elizabeth his wife, late the wife of Sir William Compton. Kinght, deceased. Certain manors &c., amongst which were "Curewiard, Evenlode, and Longdon Travers with their appurtenances in the county of Worcester," in lieu of Recompence of Dower assigned to Elizabeth out of the Estates of Sir William Compton. [source: Bibliography of Worcestershire, v.1, 1898]
- In 1538, the will of Walter Walsshe esquier, of Elmeley castell, Worcester was proven in the Prerogative Court of Canterbury.
- Henry the eyght, 3 Nou. 23 Hen 8. (1543-44), graunted to Walter Walshe, Esquyre, one of the Groomes of hys pryvie Chamber and Eizabet h his wyfe, and the heyres males of Walter Walshe, the Manor of Abbotesley, otherwyse called Abberley, and Cintley com. Wigorn., with the Advowson of the churche of Abberley, the Parcke, and all theyre members and appurtenants, in as large wourdes as so bountifull a Kynge cound gyve to his esteemed favoryte, to bee healde of hym and hys heyres by fealty onely. [source: A Survey of Worcestershire; by Thomas Habington, John Amphlett; v. 2; 1899]
- On 3 January 37 Henry VII (1546), Francis Walshe received a fiat for livery of lands to him as son and heir of John Walshe, who died 24 June 33 Henry VIII, seised of the manors of Shellesley Gyldon, Worcester, holden of the King's manor of Rychardes Castell. [source: Letters and Papers, Foreign and Domestic, of the Reign of Henry VIII; 1908]
- The Visitation of Worcester, 1569, mentions a John Walshe who married Joan Wyard (or Ward), a daughter & coheir of John Ward of London (John Warde or Wyard, mayor of London, 1375). Their son Richard, was the father of John Walshe of Sheldesey Walshe in Worc. who married Margaret Blount (dau. of John and sister of Sir Edward Blount of Sodington).
In 1593 William Walshe was a member of Parliament for Worcester. William Walsh, lord of the manor of Abberley, eldest son of Walter Walsh, of Wresbury, Bucks., m. Eliza. dau. of George Board of Cookfield, Sussex, was knighted July 1603, M.P. Jan. to April 1593, H.S. 1599, J.P. in 1601 and 1620, and d.s.p. 18 April 1622. He purchased the manor of Upton Snowdesbury in 1590. In 1610 he petitioned the Crown for a lease of Alton Woods, being within his manor of Abberley. [source: The Parliamentary History of the County of Worcester; by William Retlaw Williams]
Henry VII, the victor of the Battle of Bosworth and the first of the Tudors seized Abberley as a royal possession. His son, Henry VIII, granted Abberley to his Groom of the King's Chamber, Walter Walsh whose family lived at nearby Shelsley. Walter Walshe was sheriff of Worcestershire at his death by March 1538. Among his holdings included the lordship of Abberley, and lordship in Grafton Fleforde, and tenements (parks) at Elmley Castle, Busheley, Shewdley and Wygmore.
The Walshes held Abberley for over 175 years, but not without interruption. Queen Elizabeth I took it away to give to a favourite, but after a law suit it was restored to the Walshes. Joseph Walsh fought on the Royalist side at the Battle of Worcester on September 3rd, 1651 and later suffered imprisonment for his loyalty to the Crown. In the 18th century, Abberley Manor has some literary connections. It was visited by the poet Pope, and also by Joseph Addison who often stayed there. A walk lined with yews behind the present building is still known as 'Addison's Walk'.
The Poet Willliam Walsh
William Walsh (1663-1708), the son of Joseph Walsh, Esq., of Abberley in Worcestershire, was born in 1663, as appears from the account of Wood, who relates that at the age of fifteen he became, in 1678, a gentleman commoner of Wadham College.
He left the university without a degree, and pursued his studies in London and at home; that he studied, in whatever place, is apparent from the effect, for he became, in Mr. Dryden's opinion, 'the best critick in the nation.'
He was not, however, merely a critick or a scholar, but a man of fashion, and, as Dennis remarks, ostentatiously splendid in his dress. He was likewise a member of parliament and a courtier, knight of the shire for his native county in several parliaments; in another the representative of Richmond in Yorkshire; and gentleman of the horse to Queen Anne under the duke of Somerset.
Some of his verses shew him to have been a zealous friend to the Revolution; but his political ardour did not abate his reverence or kindness for Dryden, to whom he gave a Dissertation on Virgil's Pastorals, in which, however studied, he discovers some ignorance of the laws of French versification.
In 1705 he began to correspond with Mr. Pope, in whom he discovered very early the power of poetry. Their letters are written upon the pastoral comedy of the Italians, and those pastorals which Pope was then preparing to publish.
The kindnesses which are first experienced are seldom forgotten. Pope always retained a grateful memory of Walsh's notice, and mentioned him in one of his latter pieces among those that had encouraged his juvenile studies:
'Granville the polite,
And knowing Walsh, would tell me I could write.'
In his Essay on Criticism he had given him more splendid praise, and, in the opinion of his learned commentator, sacrificed a little of his judgement to his gratitude.
The time of his death I have not learned. It must have happened between 1707, when he wrote to Pope, and 1711, when Pope praised him in his Essay. The epitaph makes him forty-six years old: if Wood's account be right, he died in 1709.
He is known more by his familiarity with greater men, than by anything done or written by himself.
His works are not numerous. In prose he wrote Eugenia, a Defence of Women, which Dryden honoured with a Preface. Æsculapius, or the Hospital of Fools, published after his death. A collection of Letters and Poems, amorous and gallant, was published in the volumes called Dryden's Miscellany, and some other occasional pieces.
To his Poems and Letters is prefixed a very judicious preface upon Epistolary Composition and Amorous Poetry.
In his Golden Age Restored
, there was something of humour, while the facts were recent; but it now strikes no longer. In his imitation of Horace, the first stanzas are happily turned; and in all his writings there are pleasing passages. He has however more elegance than vigour, and seldom rises higher than to be pretty.
Source: Johnson, Samuel. "The Life of William Walsh." The Works of the English Poets from Chaucer to Cowper; including the Series Edited with Prefaces, Biographical and Critical, by Dr. Samuel Johnson: and the Most Approved Translations
. Ed. Alexander Chalmers. 21 Vols. Vol 8. London: C. Wittingham, 1810.
St. Andrew's Church, Stockton
In the parish of Teme Valley North, Diocese of Worcester, is Stockton Church, dedicated to St. Andrew, dating back to about 1100 A.D. In the church rests the beautiful wooden tomb of Thomas Walshe (1593). Thomas Walsh's father was chancellor to Henry VIII.
In The Visitation of the County of Worcester, 1682-83, is a pedigree for Walshe of Stockton, which begins with John Walsh and his wife Elizabeth Blount. The pedigree focuses on a Richard Walshe, Priest, Rector of Holt, co. Worc., temp. Edward VI (1547-1553). The arms of this branch are given as "Argent a fess between six martlets Sable, a mullet for difference
Ancestors of John Walsh of Sheldesley and Walter Walshe of Abberley
source: Abberley Manor, Worcestershire; John Lewis Moilliet
1 Henry le Walshe, of Sheldesley, temp. Henry II.
. 2 William, temp. Edward I.
.. 3 Henry, temp. Edward III.
... 4 Thomas, temp. 5 Richard II. (ca. 1382)
.... 5 John, temp. 14 Henry VI. (ca. 1436)
..... 6 Richard
...... 7 Sir John, of Sheldesley
....... 8 Sir Walter, Groom of the Privy Chamber to Henry VIII., from whom he received Abberley, 1532.
Married Elizabeth, relict of Sir William Compton.
Descent of the Manor of Sheldesley, Worcestershire
sources: various records concerning Sheldesley, compiled by Dennis Walsh, 2009
1 Johannes Walensis, held half a fee in Sideley (Sheldesley) in 1210-11; called le Waleys in the 1235 Fees.
. 2 Henry le Waleys, temp. Henry III (1216-1272)
.. 3 William le Waleys, temp. Edward I (1272-1307)
... 4 Sir Henry le Waleys, held 1/2 a fee in Scheldesleye, worth 100s., in 15 Edward I (1286-87), held 1/4 fee in 1 Edward II
.... 5 William le Waleys, age 40, heir of Henry, 1 Edward II (1307-08), receives a grant of free warren in Sheldesleye in 1311
..... 6 Henry le Waleys, held a fee in Sheldesleye Waleys in 1346. (reference to him also occurs in 1333)
...... 7 John le Walsshe, lord of Sheldesleye in 1364 (fee held by Henry de Hugellegh, formerly held by Henry le Waleys)
....... 8 Richard, son and heir of John Walssh, a minor, of Sheldesleye Walsshe in 6 Richard II (1382-83). Brother of Thomas?
........ 9 John Waleys or Walssh, held a fee in Shellesley Waleys in 1428 and 1431. (1428 fee formerly held by Henry de Hugeslegh)
......... 10 Richard Walshe, described as father of John Walshe of Sheldesey Walshe who married Margaret Blount
.......... 11 Sir John Walshe, of Sheldesley Walshe, co. Worc., married Margaret Blount, died circa 1510
........... 12 John Walshe, of Shelsley Walshe, co. Worc., brother of Thomas, Baron of the Exchequer, and of Walter of Abberley
............ 13 Francis Walsh, of Shellesley Walsh, his tomb there dated 1593-96, son and heir of John Walshe who died 33 Henry VIII (1541)
............. 14 Sir Richard Walsh, of Shelsley Walsh, high sheriff of Worcestershire, at the time of the Gunpowder Plot in 1605
Descendants of John Walsh of Shelsley
source: The Visitation of the County of Worcester Made in the Year 1569; Harleian Society
1 John Walshe b: Abt. 1465 d: of Sheldsley Walsh, Worcester, England
.. +Margaret Blount b: Abt. 1465 d: of Sodington, Worcester, England
2 John Walshe b: Abt. 1490 in Sheldsley Walsh, Worcester, England
.... +Alice Baynham b: Abt. 1490, of Clearwell, Newland, Gloucestershire, England
. 3 Ann Walshe b: Abt. 1510 in Sheldesley, Worcester, England
. 3 Catherine Walshe b: Abt. 1512
..... +John Nott of Sheldesley-Beauchamp, Worcester
. 3 Joan Walshe b: Abt. 1514 in Sheldesley, Worcester, England
..... +Walter Rufford
. 3 Francis Walshe b: Abt. 1516 d: 1596, of Sheldesley Walsh, Worcester, England
..... +Anne Cornwall b: Abt. 1520 d: of Burford, Shropshire, England m: Abt. 1542
... 4 Mary Walsh b: Abt. 1543 in Sheldesley, Worcestershire, England
... 4 Alice Walsh b: Abt. 1545 in Sheldesley, Worcestershire, England
....... +Sylvan Scorey of Wormesley, co. Hereford
... 4 Richard Walsh b: Abt. 1549 in Sheldesley, Worcestershire, England
..... 5 Anne Walsh b: Abt. 1582 in Sheldesley, Worcestershire, England
......... +Thomas Bromley
... 4 Joan Walsh b: Abt. 1551 in Sheldesley, Worcestershire, England
... 4 Frances Walsh b: Abt. 1553 in Sheldesley, Worcestershire, England
... 4 Dorothy Walsh b: Abt. 1555 in Sheldesley, Worcestershire, England
... 4 Edmund Walsh b: Abt. 1556 in Sheldesley, Worcestershire, England
... 4 Jane Walsh b: Abt. 1561 in Sheldesley, Worcestershire, England
... 4 Thomas Walsh b: Abt. 1566 in Sheldesley, Worcestershire, England
. 3 Charles Walsh b: Abt. 1518
. 3 Margaret Walsh b: Abt. 1520 in Sheldesley, Worcester, England
2 Thomas Walshe b: Abt. 1490 (Lord of Stockton, Baron of the Exchequer)
2 Walter Walshe b: Abt. 1490 (ancestor of the Abberley branch - below)
2 Edward Walshe b: Abt. 1490 (rector of Holt)
Descendants of Walter Walshe of Abberley
sources: Abberley Manor, Worcestershire; John Lewis Moilliet;
and The Heraldry of Worcestershire; Henry Sydney Grazebrook;
and History of the parish of Wraysbury..., Gordon Willoughby James Gyll
1 Walter Walshe b: Abt. 1490-1500 d: described 'of Elmeley, co. Worc.'. received Abberley in 1532; d. 1538
.. +Elizabeth, dau. and heir of Walter Stonor, relict of Sir William Compton buried at Wraysbury church, Bucks. 1560
2 Walter Walshe b: Abt. 1520 d: 1561, 'of Wraysbury, Bucks.'.
.... +Dorothy Hill, dau. of RIchard Hill, serjeant of the cellar to Henry VIII
. 3 William Walshe, Sir b: Abt. 1545 of Magna Wisley, Worcestershire ob: 1622, of Abberley, Worcester
..... +Elizabeth Board, dau. of George Board of Cookfield, Sussex ob: 1610
. 3 Walter Walshe b: Abt. 1550 Sheldesley, Worcestershire ob. 1613
..... +Timothea Board, dau. of George Board of Cookfield, Sussex
... 4 William Walshe b: Abt. 1585 ob. 1645 of Abberley, Worcester (received Abberley from his uncle William)
....... +Elizabeth Blount b: Abt. 1591 of Sodington, Worcester ob. 1618
..... 5 Joseph Walshe b: Abt. 1619 Abberley, Worcester d: 1682
......... +Elizabeth Palmes ob: 1719
....... 6 William Walsh b: Abt. 1663 Abberley, Worcester d: March 15, 1707/08 in Marlborough, Wilts.
....... 6 Walter Walshe b: August 20, 1666 Abberley, Worcester
....... 6 Anne Walsh b: inherited the Abberley estate
........... +Francis Bromley
..... 5 William Walshe b: Abt. 1610 in Abberley, Worcester
The preceding article was compiled by Dennis J. Walsh, © 2009
Walsh Heraldry Page
Tuesday, 27-Oct-2009 21:32:00 MDT