1. Dennis Durwood1 Zank (Karl, #2) is still living.
2. Karl Durwood2 Zank (Karl, #4) was born on 24 Apr 1938 at Grand Rapids, Kent County, Michigan. He married Norma Joy Gross (see #3), daughter of Harold Dean Gross and Alfrietta B Bradley, on 14 Jun 1958 at Sand Lake, Kent County, Michigan.
Children of Karl Durwood2 Zank and Norma Joy Gross (see #3) were as follows:
3. Norma Joy2 Gross (Harold, #6) was born on 13 Jul 1938 at Edgerton, Kent County, Michigan. She married Karl Durwood Zank (see #2), son of Karl Adam Zank and Frances Montgomery, on 14 Jun 1958 at Sand Lake, Kent County, Michigan.
4. Karl Adam3 Zank (Charles, #8) was born on 4 Jan 1916 at Zank farm on 136th Street, Ensley Township, Kent County, Michigan. He married Frances Montgomery (see #5), daughter of Forrest Durwood Montgomery and Belle Myers, in 1937 at Elkhart, Indiana. He married Nondus Hooker on 15 Aug 1965.
5. Frances3 Montgomery (Forrest, #10) was born on 3 Feb 1918 at Algoma Township, Kent County, Michigan. She married Karl Adam Zank (see #4), son of Charles Karl Zank and Henrietta May Clarke, in 1937 at Elkhart, Indiana. She died on 9 Aug 1955 at Butterworth Hospital, Grand Rapids, Kent County, Michigan, at age 37. This is the obituary for she; ZANK-Mrs. Frances Zank aged 37, of Sand Lake R1, passed away Tuesday at Butterworth hospital. Surviving is the husband, Karl; three sons, Durwood, Grederick and Kenneth; one daughter, Winona; the parents, Mr. and Mrs. Forest Montgomery of Sparta; six sisters, Mrs. Reta Norman of Cedar Springs, Mrs. Leona Erhart of Sparta, Mrs. Marie Goul of Fruitport, Mrs. Effie Moran of Grand Rapids, Mrs Mamie Stahal of Clarkesville and Mrs. Glendora Moore of Allendale; two brothers, Wallace and Ethan Montgomery of Sparta. Services for Mrs. Zank will be held at 2 p.m. Thursday at the Sand Lake methodist church. Mrs. Zank reposes at the Blanchard-walsh Funeral Home in Sand Lake.
Grand Rapids Free Press
She was ill with leukemia.
6. Harold Dean3 Gross (William, #12) was born on 17 Jun 1909 at Courtland Township, Kent County, Michigan. He married Alfrietta B Bradley (see #7), daughter of Ernest E Bradley and Iva Emily Cavanaugh, on 9 Jul 1930 at Courthouse, Grand Rapids, Kent County, Michigan (Witnesses were Lee Engles and Myrtle Bradley). He died on 6 Jan 2000 at Cedar Springs, Kent County, Michigan, at age 90. This is the obituary for he; Grand Rapids Free Press
GROSS-Harold dean Gross, age 90, of Sand Lake. With family gathered around him peacefully slipped into heaven on Thursday, January 6, 2000. He is survived by his wife of 69 years, Alfrietta B. (Bradley) Gross; four children, Howard (Norma) Gross; of Sand Lake, Norma (Durwood) Zank of Charlotte, Jerry (Barbara) Gross of Cedar Springs, and robert (Bonita) Gross fo Sand Lake; 13 grandchildren; 25 great grandchildren; three sisters Evelyn Magoon of Rockford, Georgetta (Delose) Shay and Betty (Ray) Colby all of Sparta; many nieces and nephews. Harold was preceded in death by his granddaughter, Marcie Gross; three brothers, Ralph, Dale and Earl; three sisters, Martha, Esther and Ruth. Funeral services will be held Monday at 2:00 p.m. in the funeral home chapel with Rev. Ben Lester of Cedar Springs United Methodist Church officiating. Interment Sand Lake Cemetery. Visitation Sunday 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 memorial contributions to the Tri-County Atheletic Boosters have been suggested. The family is being at the new,
13603 Northland Dr. NE